What's new

Do you think it's worth waiting to update to ios6 until a jailbreak is available?

lthodde116

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to decide if I want to update my iPhone 4S iOS6 now or wait until there's a jailbreak available for it. I don't mind waiting if it's only going to be another month but if it gets much longer than that (for tethered, I know it takes longer to get untethered) then I might just update it now and go the next few months without it being jailbroken (but I love how much more organized & neater my phone looks when I have it jailbroken).

So how long does it normally take for a jailbreak to be available for the new iOS's? Is there any expected release date for it? I know the iOS hasn't even been out for a day yet so I understand if nobody knows.

The only things I'm really anxious to use on the new iOS is the new maps app, passbook, and the new camera features. All of the other things aren't really important.

I just did mine about 30 min ago. Kinda regret it but oh well. It seems ok but it sucks not having the phone the way I was used to it.

I updated to iOS 6 and was jailbroken on 5.1.1. I don't really care too much about jailbreaking so it's not a big deal to me. My phone feels a lot faster with 6 though which I REALLY like.

Do you rely on any jailbreak tweaks,? What I did to decide was turn off all my tweaks, disable my theme and run what appeared to be stock to see if Id miss anything. I made it 30 minutes and turned them all back on.

I really wanna see if ios 6 battery is alot better and get some of the new features but for now Im not going to update till I hear some info on the jailbreak situation.

The biggest thing I cant do without is iBlacklist. Ive got a nice list built up of telemarketers and Id go crazy if I couldnt block them.

Yeah I use iBlacklist religiously because I, too, also get a lot of telemarkers.

I also love all these little tweaks like poof, biteSMS, no news is good news, five icon dock, infinifolder, no badges, and StayOpen are my top cydia apps. I don't think I could last with a stock iphone knowing how it could be if it was jailbroken. I guess I should wait, I just wish I knew how long I'll be waiting for but hopefully there will be an update within a week or two.

Last edited:
Both my wife and I have a 4s. Mine is jailbroken, and hers is not. I updated her iOS last night. I'm waiting for the jailbreak update. In the meantime I'll check out both phones for iOS differences. She texted me today about something else, and added that she likes the new look of her phone.

Yes iOS6 has a kot of "neat" features. and I have a friend who said he can switch between the apps faster. But I have some Jailbroken apps that are more important to me right now. I'm waiting.

Definitely worth it.
I never update mine unless untherered JB already been released.

A jailbroken iPhone has more to offer than a standard iPhone on ios6.0....

Unless there is one particular new feature you really really need now it's always worth waiting for other people to work out the issues with new software. Never mind waiting to get your jb capabilities back.