What's new

thinking about jailbreaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goavs18

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking about jailbreaking My Iphone 4s running IOS 5.1.1, I have already downloaded Absinthe 2.0.4. My question is when New updates come out for IOS will Itunes automactically try to get me to downlaod the newer IOS? if so How can I get that to stop popping up everytime I try to sync? while jailbroken is there a way to update the IOS without unjailbreaking the IPhone?

Thanks
Gary

goavs18 said:
Hi All,

I'm thinking about jailbreaking My Iphone 4s running IOS 5.1.1, I have already downloaded Absinthe 2.0.4. My question is when New updates come out for IOS will Itunes automactically try to get me to downlaod the newer IOS? if so How can I get that to stop popping up everytime I try to sync? while jailbroken is there a way to update the IOS without unjailbreaking the IPhone?

Thanks
Gary

There is an option in iTunes to "never ask again" for each update. It's not difficult. Just be deliberate in your actions.

There is an option in iTunes to "never ask again" for each update. It's not difficult. Just be deliberate in your actions.

Thanks for the info, another question is an internet connection required to jailbreak? I am working in Kuwait and the internet over here is ify

goavs18 said:
Thanks for the info, another question is an internet connection required to jailbreak? I am working in Kuwait and the internet over here is ify

You'll need an Internet connection to download the files necessary to jailbreak.
I'm not positive if you need a live connection throughout the jailbreaking process.

You'll need an Internet connection to download the files necessary to jailbreak.
I'm not positive if you need a live connection throughout the jailbreaking process.

I have Absinthe 2.0.4 already downloaded and installed on my MBP. I was wondering if the jailbreak process needed an internet connection, what I want to do is bring my MBP into work and do it there.

goavs18 said:
I have Absinthe 2.0.4 already downloaded and installed on my MBP. I was wondering if the jailbreak process needed an internet connection, what I want to do is bring my MBP into work and do it there.

A quick google search yields this answer:

Yes, you need a working Internet connection. :)

Alternatively you can download a 5.1.1 IPSW onto your computer and use that to jailbreak without an internet connection, but yes you will need a connection at some point.

Jmills87 said:
Alternatively you can download a 5.1.1 IPSW onto your computer and use that to jailbreak without an internet connection, but yes you will need a connection at some point.

Good call Jmills. :D

also there is no way to upgrade firmwares and keep your jailbreak, if you decide to upgrade then you will have to wait for a new jailbreak to be released for that firmware/device and some times that can take a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.