What's new

Do I really need screen protector?

I have AppleCare+ on it and if my screen gets horribly scratched you can bet my phone will have a 'terrible accident' that will require a replacement.
What about the cost you say? Well, I figure it's still cheaper than buying unnecessary screen protectors.

I've carried my iPhone 4 in my pocket with change for almost 2 years, dropped it on cement and tile a half dozen times and never had a bad scratch on the screen. The outside edge is a bit worse for wear but I wiped it down and it looks to be in excellent condition.

The gorilla glass is much tougher than any piece of plastic screen protector. You guys that say you scratched your phone try wiping the screen down.

Personally, I've never used a screen protector (except the built in protector in the otterbox defender). I only used the otterbox case at work during the week and let it run around naked on the weekends.

I've had my iPhone 4 for about 2 years now and the screen has never been scratched (although, I always put it in my left pocket alone). I dropped it on cement a few times and accidentally slid it across a table once. The glass is still scratch free, but the metal band had a tiny ding from the drop on cement.
I'm also gonna let my iPhone 5's screen remain unprotected (besides the defender at work).

Although, I'm not gonna say anyone who likes to purchase screen protectors is wasting money. That's solely an opinion and this is why...
If the screen protector gives the owner peace of mind with their expensive purchase, then it justified the price. Simple as that. Then again, that's just my opinion, but I believe it's a good one. ;) lol!

i agree with that,it is a peace of mind thing.

So, what you're actually saying here is... regardless of whether or not there's a legit problem... you'll make up a problem w/ it just so you can get what you want. Sounds a bit crooked to me!!
+1...

So, what you're actually saying here is... regardless of whether or not there's a legit problem... you'll make up a problem w/ it just so you can get what you want. Sounds a bit crooked to me!!
I never said that. I just said I would never do it unless it were a legitimate issue. I have insurance to cover me if there is no issue.

You said my reasoning was flawed. My point was that it is not flawed because it CAN be done. However I wouldn't because I have a ST warranty to cover me.
so does your ST warranty run along side the Apple warranty or does it start after the Apple warranty runs out? just curious.

so does your ST warranty run along side the Apple warranty or does it start after the Apple warranty runs out? just curious.
It starts the moment you purchase it. Doesn't matter if you still have apple warranty or not. Because apple's warranty doesn't cover damage and ST does, they can't wait until your apple warranty runs out.

I do believe we've lead this thread astray from the OP's original topic....
No we haven't. Moral of the story is if you have insurance or third party warranty that covers damage, then no screen protector necessary as long as you don't mind paying the deductible.

I'm ultra rough on my phone....I'll throw in on the car seat, let it bounce around in the center console etc. and have never had the screen get damaged.

The ATT guy asked me about screen savers and I said, "no, I'm good" and he them showed me his smudge free, glare free screen. I bought an over priced 2 pack and like it alot. No glare, less smudging and I prefer the feel of 'swiping' with the protector.

i like the fact that i can rub away at the smudges and know i'm not scratching my screen,i know its very tough but even diamonds will scratch.

Is the back of the 4/4s made of the same glass as the front?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk