What's new

diskaid to install themes without jailbreaking

vvoo

Reaction score
does anyone know if diskaid can help install winterboard theme on a brand new iphone 4 4.0.2 out of the box, not the upgraded iphone?

Sadly not technically.

Im not really sure about the capabilities of diskaid but i think i know what its main putpose is. You can probably change the .png files but as far as half of winterboard themes go, they wont work. Semi-so to speak, Jailbreaking lets anything that is 3rd party, have access or modify your system files and thats what winterboard does. Not just the custom png files that make up a theme.

so there really aint other ways to install themes/customise iphone 4 with 4.0.2 eh :[

slowly apple will add these features with out jailbreak as they have been doing. just takes them forever to do it

slowly apple will add these features with out jailbreak as they have been doing. just takes them forever to do it

True true. See. They can add all these 3rd party features all at once and call them their own but if they do it that way, they cant fade out older iphone models. Just like how the iphone 3g was capable of taking video but they wanted to save that feature for the 3gs to try and get ppl to upgrade phones. Now the whole springboard custom background on ios4 only works for the 3gs and 4. Fading out the 3g. Probably, ios5 wont work at all for the 3gs.

True true. See. They can add all these 3rd party features all at once and call them their own but if they do it that way, they cant fade out older iphone models. Just like how the iphone 3g was capable of taking video but they wanted to save that feature for the 3gs to try and get ppl to upgrade phones. Now the whole springboard custom background on ios4 only works for the 3gs and 4. Fading out the 3g. Probably, ios5 wont work at all for the 3gs.

so very true thats exactly why they do it, even my iphone first gen 2007 with jailbreak could have background pics and it was ok still.. but with the 3g iphone it lags very badly on i0s4 apple shouldent have released it like they did not want to. earlier firmware it was fine though