What's new

Dead Pixel, or not?

Darkroggue

Reaction score
Hey there. It's the second thread I opened, and definitely more important than the first.

A few days ago, I spent a few hours playing with my iPhone and downloading some apps from AppStore. Battery was %60 or %70, I am not so sure. Then, while playing a game which I newly downloaded, I noticed that the phone warmed up a bit, although the size of the game wasn't so big at all. So I was afraid of doing harm and I put the phone somewhere for it to cool itself down enough to play with it later.

A few hours later, I took it back in my hands and began to play with it once again. I was also downloading a few apps, too. Then, the morning came and I decided to go to bed. After seeing the battery came down to %6-7, I pushed the power button until the slider came, and immediately after, I slide it to power off. Here, my question comes:

You know that the little, grey and rotating circle which always appears on the black screen while our iPhones shut down. I saw a little, and also a bit of colored square just on that rotating grey circle, in fact, I couldn't see that circle becase of the little colored square, and it disappeared when the phone shut down, for sure. I got very scared, and decided to open my iPhone once again to check if it's something permanent or not. Ever since that day, I haven't seen anything like this. No matter what I do with my phone. I have watched videos, opened photos, surfed the web, etc. and as I stated above, I haven't come across anything like that again.

Though, a friend of mine told me that it might be a dead pixel. But as far as I understand, the dead pixels always catch people's eye, and are always standing at a corner (or the middle) of the phone while they watch movies, play games, or surf the web. Lastly, I was afraid of the possibility of that my phone had any dead pixels, I tested it via iPhone Dead Pixel Test. And if I followed these steps properly, my phone seems clean, thank God. Then, that friend of mine told me that he thinks this problem is most likely related to the software.

Inspite of everything, I wanted to take your advices. This phone is the first Apple product that I have ever bought, and I think I have the right to be suspicious about its health.

Thanks for your interests in advance.

Last edited: