What's new

Battery % All Over the Place

danlib21

Reaction score
So with my iphone 5 i have had the problem where at 40% battery life the phone shuts off and acts like the battery is completely dead. After putting on the charger for 5 seconds it reboots and shows 40% battery. This has been going on for awhile. Now my new problem is that my battery shows anywhere from 20% - 50% when i know it was just around 95% a few minutes ago. I shut the phone down and reboot, then phone reads back up to where my % should have been. I have to do this a few times a day. Anyone else have these issues? Is there anything i can do to fix it? I have tried the whole run the phone down till completely dead and charge it cycle thing and that has had no effect. Any input would be appreciated.

Mine did the same thing called Apple tech support they tested the battery it was bad they replaced it had no problems after replacement.

Mine did the same thing called Apple tech support they tested the battery it was bad they replaced it had no problems after replacement.

Did you have to pay for it? I know my phone isn't under warranty since i got when they first came out in 2012.

I purchased the extended warranty so they did replace it for free I think it was around $70.00 if I had not had the warranty.

Did you have to pay for it? I know my phone isn't under warranty since i got when they first came out in 2012.
You could still have them check it out. It may not be a bad battery. If it's not, they could tell you what's wrong.