What's new

New Battery percentage incorrect

Gadgetboy

Reaction score

HI all

i hope someone can help and advise.

i have an iPhone 5 and a couple of weeks ago my battery final died.

i replaced the battery, however, the phone shuts down at 75%. I get over a days useage out of the new battery (very happy with that) so it's obviously holding a good charge' but the problem is most of the time it reads 100%.

i Have tried going through the battery recalibration procedure which has proved unsuccessful.

is there a way of sorting this or is this something I must live with. At the moment I am just running it down to empty at the end of each day and charging overnight in the hope that it 'learns the %'.

Thanks in advance.

Since you clearly know what you are doing, I'd assume you've already been through the available reboots and resets.

Sounds to me like it's something you may just have to live with. I wouldn't bother running the battery down too much. Apparently, it doesn't do them any favors.

Who knows? It may one day decide to play ball.

It might rectify itself if you're upgrading to IOS10.

Have you tried putting the old battery back in, to test how your iPhone behaves?
Make sure the terminals have the protective cover on, l got a new battery and didn't notice it was missing my iPhone 5 was destroyed.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

HI all

i hope someone can help and advise.

i have an iPhone 5 and a couple of weeks ago my battery final died.

i replaced the battery, however, the phone shuts down at 75%. I get over a days useage out of the new battery (very happy with that) so it's obviously holding a good charge' but the problem is most of the time it reads 100%.

i Have tried going through the battery recalibration procedure which has proved unsuccessful.

is there a way of sorting this or is this something I must live with. At the moment I am just running it down to empty at the end of each day and charging overnight in the hope that it 'learns the %'.

Thanks in advance.

If I may suggest, please try the following.
1) Let the batter run down till it shuts off on its own.
2) Plug it in and let it reboot on its own.
3) Then after it has, do a hard reboot (hold power and home button at the same time).

It "should", at this point, boot up and try to figure out where the battery state is. Hopefully that will fix the display issue for you.