What's new

Dark spots on camera

diesel

Reaction score
So I have been using my iPhone 4 since two years now and it's in immaculate condition. There had been no physical damage what so ever all this time. But today in the morning when I woke up I had to face two tragedies, first there was a deep scratch/dent on my MacBook Air an while taking its picture to send to a friend, I noticed two dark spots on my iPhone 4 camera.
I cleaned the back cover and all then took off the back and took the picture with no cover on lens what so ever but the spots were still there. I gently cleaned the lens with a cotton swab but still no difference.
Can you guys figure out what it is and how it may have happened? :/
Here's the actual picture.
The two small spots are on the top left

Attachments

• $image-1721089234.jpg
    $image-1721089234.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,425
Last edited:
Well I guess we could safely say it's not the back cover then.
Does the 2 black spots come up besides taking pictures. Like are they visible when you're on your homescreen?

Well I guess we could safely say it's not the back cover then.
Does the 2 black spots come up besides taking pictures. Like are they visible when you're on your homescreen?

I checked that as well, there are no spots on home screen or any other application. Checked every bright colour background app.
And the fact that the spots can be seen on the picture I have uploaded, means that its the lens :(
I can't understand what may be the reason behind it.

I checked that as well, there are no spots on home screen or any other application. Checked every bright colour background app.
And the fact that the spots can be seen on the picture I have uploaded, means that its the lens :(
I can't understand what may be the reason behind it.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.
As it showed up on the screenshot it has to be the lens, you're right.
I have really no idea why that would suddenly happen but maybe your camera is starting to give up on you after 2 years.
Sorry, i have no idea how those 2 dark spots suddenly got there.

I guess you could try changing the camera as it is one of the easier things to change and they are very cheap as well.
That oughta work?

Yeah I'll probably change the camera.
But before that I'll first try doing a fresh restore, even though it doesn't make sense but maybe the software restore helps lol.
Need to wait for a couple of days before I restore it though, got work and university work piled up

Yeah I'll probably change the camera.
But before that I'll first try doing a fresh restore, even though it doesn't make sense but maybe the software restore helps lol.
Need to wait for a couple of days before I restore it though, got work and university work piled up

Indeed, fresh restore, the logical step to try very first.

Well good luck, hope to hear from you when you solve this issue.

You see, my iPhone is also 2 years old. lol

lol I hope yours stays fit till you decide to buy a new one.
I'll update you here on the thread when I do a fresh restore