What's new

white 8gig iphone4 lite and dark spots on screen

gelite

Reaction score
Ok, so yesterday my girlfriend went to make a call and her mic apparently wasnt working. From what i could tell she spilled some coke on the phone so I removed the back and took out the battery and then used alcohol to clean the mic and all the quick connects to prevent corroding. I set the phone in rice overnight to dry the alcohol and any residual moisture. After reassembling the phone and turning it back on I have this huge area of the screen that is darker than the rest of the screen. Its like half the screen and it was not like this before I took it apart. I didnt use a whole lot of alcohol but the only thing I can figure is that the reflective surface has become delaminated. I had an earlier iphone4 that got dropped in a mixed drink and after a month of drying it came back on but the screen did a very similar thing. It had light and dark spots in it. Is there a way to fix this without replacing the screen. From what I understand the aftermarket screens are not retina quality. Everything else on the phone is back to working fine, its just that about half the screen is darker than the rest. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.