What's new

Cydia over Cydia

jschlis

Reaction score
Think I screwed things up. For the last two weeks battery usage has increased terribly. Iphone is only used to go online, I have a work BB for talk, email and texting.Took out new apps and still the same. Two nights ago I figured I would reinstall Cydia. So after I reinstall all of the Cydia apps show in my settings and icons appear and work for the apps that have icons. When I go into Cydia the only apps that are installed is what gets installed when you first put in Cydia from the repos. The apps work but if I wanted to uninstall I can't . They are not listed as being installed when you open Cydia and Cydelete is no really the way to go when uninstalling Cydia apps. So if I do want to delete an app I have to reinstall just to delete. To make matters worse battery usage is really bad. I can't restore via Itunes then reinstall Cydia since the 5.1 update. Although I have saved my blobs I do not know how to use tiny umbrella correctly. Did I screw up the phone by reinstalling Cidia over Cydia?

Yes, you should never install Cydia on top of Cydia. You need to do a fresh restore and then rejailbreak. Create a custom 5.0.1 firmware with Redsn0w and stitch your blobs into the firmware, no need for TinyUmbrella anymore.

Jill's thanks. Would you be able to walk me through this. I did save my blobs with tiny umbrella. Appreciate the help
Thanks

iFaith does a much better job of making self signed IPSW. stitched redsn0w IPSW always puts my device into recovery loop. Ans no tool fixes it. I would dump your 5.0.1 blobs with iFaith then build a signed ipsw with them and restore to that.

I dont think redsn0w's stitching process is perfected yet.