What's new

Cydia Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i know what you are talking about...I don't know for sure, but think I was explaining to someone that keeping push on save more battery then people think. I use to turn push off...but it really makes no difference. Some settings do tho.....but not push.
Sorry to disagree again, Zig, but turning off Push is one of the most significant and noticeable things you can do to save battery in my experience. It can be between 3%-8% an hour of difference off or on.

pianoman said:
Sorry to disagree again, Zig, but turning off Push is one of the most significant and noticeable things you can do to save battery in my experience. It can be between 3%-8% an hour of difference off or on.

That fine.lol. Don't mind if ya disagree.

I notice no difference with push off or on. I have noticed that fetching every 15 or 30 minutes drains more battery then push.

I think push was well designed more then people think.

At least over half of all the settings you hear that are suppose to save battery make no difference.

This is what saves battery:

The more a phone is on wifi...the less battery it drains oppose to 3G....,...when 3G is off.

Keeping screen brightness down.

Light usage.

Keeping 3G off when using wifi...which is basically the first thing i said...kind of.

Turing off 3G and using 2G when no wifi is available.

Turning off everything in Settings> General> Spotlight. I just keep Applications checked.

Location only drains when being used....this depends on how much you use an app that requires location. I almost never do...so keeping them all on doesn't have much of an effect on my battery.

Turning off automatic time zone.

Keeping dined out of Settings> Store.

Keeping Bluetooth off.

Auto lock- 1 minute.

Choosing to send Apple crash report data.

A few things I can think of that actually make a small difference.

How's this for battery life? I know there is not 8 hours of usage but pretty good if u ask me.

Attachments

• $image-2378942106.jpg
    $image-2378942106.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 445
Cain01 said:
How's this for battery life? I know there is not 8 hours of usage but pretty good if u ask me.

"iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge"

Try again.....without that txt at the bottom.

Not good enough mate b

zig9449 said:
"iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge"

Try again.....without that txt at the bottom.

Not good enough mate b

What do u mean?

Cain01 said:
What do u mean?

When your iPhone shows Usage it verifies underneath the usage stats whether the iPhone has been plugged in.

You iPhone drained 20% in 3 hours. I get better battery then than that.

You clearly keep trying to show that can get a lot "stand by" time. However....that is not what I asked for...

Okay...you showed me very good stand by drainage.

Now show me good "Usage".

"how much battery do you have left after 7-8 hours "Usage"?"

What do u mean?
The only thing we're interested in Cain - is you battery usage -- between the last time you FULLY CHARGED your iPhone - and when it runs out - 0%.. The moment you 're-plug' it in to get a "booster" charge - you nullify the test. EVERYone gets the kind of battery usage you get if you keep plugging it in at different points in the day. That's easy. That's not what people are complaining about. It's how much usage you get with a single charge to full and then no in between charges in the day. You see your picture there - the message is telling us that you plugged in your phone since its last full charge. That's not the test we're asking you to do. Understand now?

pianoman said:
The only thing we're interested in Cain - is you battery usage -- between the last time you FULLY CHARGED your iPhone - and when it runs out - 0%.. The moment you 're-plug' it in to get a "booster" charge - you nullify the test. EVERYone gets the kind of battery usage you get if you keep plugging it in at different points in the day. That's easy. That's not what people are complaining about. It's how much usage you get with a single charge to full and then no in between charges in the day. You see your picture there - the message is telling us that you plugged in your phone since its last full charge. That's not the test we're asking you to do. Understand now?

I know for a fact that tweak he bought did not "double" his battery life. There is just no way.

Especially after an iOS Developer confirmed that the tweaks does absolutely nothing. well......it provides the developer $5 for a plist that does absolutely nothing. It does that.lol.

Well?

Attachments

• $image-2059397825.jpg
    $image-2059397825.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 422
Same thing, Cain. You keep plugging in your phone before it runs below 10% (look in the picture you just posted and see under Standby where is says, "iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge" (proving that you're "cheating on the test"). No wonder you get 1 day and 11 hours of Standby and 8hours of use. We ALL can get that if we kept plugging in our phone throughout the day to give it "a boost" before the next full change. You are comparing apples to oranges.

To give us a true test of your battery life- you would need to charge it to 100% and then let it run down to 7% STRAIGHT --- WITHOUT EVER PLUGGING IT IN AGAIN until you show us the usage window BEFORE you plug it in again. THEN THAT would show us your real results. You'll see you're getting no better battery life after that bogus app that promises better battery life. You keep trying to prove your point using a "cheated" test.

I think he gets it Pianoman.lol He just doesn't want to show us his real usage...because he knows it is not doubled like he claims.

So what is the average usage time after a 100% charge, brightness half way and bluetooth off. I know your service is a variable but what's a ball park number?

I'm actually in jailbroken. And no I don't see wtf your talking about. And no I don't boost it or whatever bro. Damn man.

O dude it's cuz I listen to it in the shower on the radio. Bah.

InkedAdrenaline said:
So what is the average usage time after a 100% charge, brightness half way and bluetooth off. I know your service is a variable but what's a ball park number?

From what I can tell normal usage seems to be 6-9 hours usage.

Depending on whether or not your on wifi all day, or 3G all day.

Obviously with 3G on the battery drains faster. Even with wifi off.

When you are only using wifi, your battery last way longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.