What's new

Cydia Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya not me. Plus I'm bad service all day. One or two bars.

Plus I have everything on. Push everything. Locations on.

I will try and post mine tomorrow. I was on the phone for a little over 3 hours straight today while heavy web browsing. That threw off my normal usage. I also have everything set to push and location services on. Battery life seems to be all over the place with people. I think it really comes down to usage and the location of people though. These phones seem pretty consistent.

Cain01 said:
How's that so far?

Dude.......I get that battery usage. You have 14 hours standby and 3 hours usage....I have had better battery than that.

I need to see where its at when it's had at least 8 hours usage...not 14 hour standby.

What makes a good battery a good is having good "usage" stats...not standby. Stand by says nothing.

Post a screenshot when you have 7-8 hours "Usage" not standby.

Then I will let you know of you have your "double" battery usage.

Last edited:
Well I normally at work have little or no service witch effects my battery. Before my phone was dropping 5 to 10% an hour. At 14 hour standby time my battery would be almost dead. So I think that's a significant find. Don't nock it until you try it.

Cain01 said:
Well I normally at work have little or no service witch effects my battery. Before my phone was dropping 5 to 10% an hour. At 14 hour standby time my battery would be almost dead. So I think that's a significant find. Don't nock it until you try it.

No dude...you have to be lying. I want to see a screen shot of 8 hours usage. Only "Usage" counts....not standby. Maybe if it was like over 20-24 hours standby, that would be impressive but standby means no GUI activity. how fast the battery drains during "Usage" only is what allows one to judge how good the battery is on the phone. Not stand by.....too hard to judge how well battery life is by using "stand by" time as the statistic.

Anyone can get 14 hours standby and be at 50%.

Prove it.....and I will admit defeat.

I know for a fact that tweak does not increase battery life.

Seriously...type in google the name of they repo, and the tweak....and you'll find nothing but complaints....about how it does nothing.

It ads one string to to this plots file:

com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

It is 100% useless. Piece of code that you paid $5 for. Which is probably why your so willing to defend. It.

I can prove that this tweak has been reviewed by an iOS developer who confirmed that the code is useless.

So when you post a screen shot of a decent battery percentage at, at least 7-8 hours "USAGE" then I will admit defeat...but I highly highly doubt that will happen.

And BTW, losing 5%-10% per hour is perfectly normal.

No losing 5 to 10 percent an hour on standby is not normal. I now lose 2 to maybe 4%. Don't come at me saying I'm lying when it's not an unbelievable story in the first place. Also considering you have not tried the product. You would also probably sit their and call me a lier if I ever did get 8 hours of "USAGE".

Most 5.0.1 people are NOT getting 3 hours of use and 14 hours standby and have 51% battery left with all Location services and Push turned on. Not happening, gents.

Though I've heard that tweak is bogus too, I'd like to see more from this guy. How do we know for sure that tweak is bogus?

pianoman said:
Most 5.0.1 people are NOT getting 3 hours of use and 14 hours standby and have 51% battery left with all Location services and Push turned on. Not happening, gents.

Though I've heard that tweak is bogus too, I'd like to see more from this guy. How do we know for sure that tweak is bogus?

I have links to websites. Tho since I'm not aloud to lost here.

Google this: 5.0.1 battery fix; insanelyi.

Lets me know what ya come up with.

I have links to websites. Tho since I'm not aloud to lost here.

Google this: 5.0.1 battery fix; insanelyi.

Lets me know what ya come up with.
Okay, Zig, I will follow that search. But answer my other challenge to you, please. You've told us that you achieve your battery life by turning off many of the functions of the phone including most of the location services and push notifications. The original poster has none of those turned off and still gets that battery life he posted. How would you explain that?

And 5 to 10% an hour battery drop on standby is absolutely not normal, Zig. Please don't make such incorrect statements.

pianoman said:
Okay, zig, I will follow that search. But answer my other challenge to you, please. You've told us that you achieve your battery life by turning off many of the functions of the phone including most of the location services and push notifications. The original poster has none of those turned off and still gets that battery life he posted. How would you explain that?

I never said that.

I keep my location services on, and I always keep push on too.

I never said that.

I keep my location services on, and I always keep push on too.
I remember you saying differently in the other battery life threads we've had here - but I'll take you at your word here. But 5-10% per hour drop is not, in any way "normal". Surely not in StandBy. I would return the phone to Apple immediately if it ever got that bad.. :-/

pianoman said:
I remember you saying differently in the other battery life threads we've had here - but I'll take you at your word here. But 5-10% per hour drop is not, in any way "normal". Surely not in StandBy. I would return the phone to Apple immediately if it ever got that bad.. :-/

I think i know what you are talking about...I don't know for sure, but think I was explaining to someone that keeping push on save more battery then people think. I use to turn push off...but it really makes no difference. Some settings do tho.....but not push.

Status
Not open for further replies.