What's new

Cutting and pasting website links

Streetglidin09

Reaction score
Hello, first of all I am brand new to both this site and to iPhone, picking my first one up yesterday. I went in fully expecting to buy a Droid but walked out with an iPhone4 since I have iTunes and an iPad2. I do love a lot about the phone so far. However, there are a lot of things that just seemed SO much easier on my Blackberrry. The "Notes" function on iPhone just plain sucks since you cant even group different notes with like notes. But the other issue I had today was I tried to highlight a web link in an email and move it to Twitter and I have no idea how or even "if" I can. The Blackberry used to give me an option of copying the URL or sending it. I get neither with this phone. Am I missing something (which IS very possible) or is there no way to do it? Keep in mind I'm still learning. Thanks for your help.

Welcome.

To use the copy and last function. All you need to do is hold down on the part that you want to copy. A few options will appear. The phone should recognise a link and automatically highlight it completely for you. If not then drag the start and end points to wherever you like. When pasting simply hold your finger down where you want to paste it to and a paste option will appear for you to press...

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it. Here's another one for you. I used to have a Blackberry and just before "trying" to synch my iPhone with my calendar to retrieve info off my Blackberry and have it put on my iPhone, I synched my Blackberry with my Outlook calendar. Then I synched my iPhone and it picked up all of my calendar events from the Outlook calendar just as I wanted it to.
The issue now is I want to start using my Gmail calendar, which for some reason wont synch the info FROM my iPhone TO the Gmail calendar. I keep getting an email every day saying I have no events scheduled, even though my phone clearly shows I do.
Do you know of any easy way to forward the appointments on my iPhone TO my Gmail calendar? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I looked online and followed what some people said and it did nothing. Thanks.

Your welcome.

Unfortunalty I don't use gmail or outlook so I can't help you with that. There's a few users on here that do so hopefully one of them will be able to help you...

in the settings of your gmail it should say sync > notes/calendars..etc just enable that and it should work.. i use gmail and it works fine

thanks to everybody. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Busy. :)