What's new

Problems with iTunes - no library - songs dont sync, Problems with iTunes

BorisSDT

Reaction score
Im having tons of trouble with iTunes. It seems like the newer the version the buggier it gets. First of all I cant even access my music library. I store my music library on an external hard drive for a lot of reasons, its huge, when i upgrade pcs I dont want to lose it, if my hard drive crashes, etc. Since the beginning of time that has always worked fine. If I got a new pc, upgraded the OS, or whatever I would simply go into the preferences of iTunes and change the default location of the music library to where I store it on the external drive. Every time, no problem the library pops right up. Now it doesnt. Nothing happens. I still have a blank library. I am afraid to just reimport the music that it will make all kinds of messy double copies (has happened before) or that it will just plain take forever. I also spent a great many hours editing the tags, orgnaizing correcting the ID3 tags etc. I dont want that data trashed either. In their attempts to be idiot friendly apple products often do very stupid things if you let them manage everything. I just want my library back the way it was. What do I need to do?

Second, I just want to sync SOME songs to my iphone4. Its not happening. I can only sync the whole library or sync nothing. If I check Sync Music (on my iPhone) and Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres it always says 0 songs no matter how many songs I have checked or unchecked. Nothing happens. If I select entire library I can sync everything but I dont want the entire library. I just want a couple of songs. This is pure idiocy - why cant I just drag and drop what I want onto the iPhone like all other normal products that dont try to control every aspect of what you can and cant do with them?

Last edited: