What's new

Current BB user lookin for a little advice

vinndy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you see I am new here. I currently have a BB 9650. It works good enough for my needs, but I have always itched for an iphone. My phone is through my employer and my employer has a contract with vzw so until this year iphone was never an option. Now that it is an option, I have worked it out that I can get a new device one as my early upgrade.
My question is: should I get the iphone4 or wait till (summer?) when the 5 comes out?

There is no current "guarantee" that there will be an iP5, or when it will come out... They say later in the year, winter, etc. You never know. Honestly, I say if you want to wait for months then wait, but I just went ahead and got my iP4... If the 5 comes out and its a big difference I'm gona sell my iP4 and get it. They still have pretty good resale value

Im with the above user. The iphone 4 is very advanced still in the smartphone market and does pretty much everything that all the other smartphones do and are capable of doing. I would just get the i4. There is no set in stone date for the i5 and like mentioned the iphones have such a high resale value that you could probably sell your i4 once the i5 comes out and come close to what it will cost buying at retail cost.

If you always wait then you will never pull the trigger. iPhone 4 is amazing. You won't be sorry.

I would get the iPhone 4. A member in another thread put it very well by saying the iPhone 5 will be more like an iPhone 4GS which was comparing it to the minor changes between the 3G and 3GS which were marginal at best.

As a BB user for many years I have a different perspective. I have a BB 9650 and an Iphone 4 (jailbroke). Why two? The BB is like a dinosaur at most things especially the internet. There are two big issues I have with the iphone as a phone/text device and email device. The notification system sucks. A .4 second vibraton(have to use vibrate at work) just doesnt cut knowing that you have a text message (there is a profile app for jail broken phones but it is very complicated).The BB offers many profiles and you can have different notifications (long, short and amount of vibrations) for different people. Spend a few bucks on BeBuzz and you have repeat notifications until you look at the email/text/phone call. On the email you can only have one signature for ALL email accounts. You have to delete your work signature when using your personal email. Yes there are a few signature apps but they do not work well. So I go along using the bb for phone text and email, while using my iphone for all else.