What's new

Newb: BB to iphone

glockaxis

Reaction score
Hello, what a wonderful site!

I'm a long time Verizon user and have had Blackberry's for the past 6 years. While the email system is great, paying the unlimited data plan amount and not being able to seemlessly use all aspects of it fully, has me picking up an iphone4. (Constant battery pulls, 5 minute reboots when opening the camera or surfing the slow net etc..are also other problems)

I tried a DroidX when it first came out but could only stand it for a week before I purchased a Bold 9650 to replace it. In the back of my mind I was always hoping for a Verizon iphone as I have checked out the ones some relatives had on the AT&T network and loved it.

I'm awaiting shipment on one I bought on ebay, but am worried now about activating it (see my thread in the Verizon iphone Forum). If it does not work out, I will still get one at an Apple Store.

Welcome, and good message! I'm curious why you dumped the Droid X. I used it too but gave it up only because of the Verizon network I was tied to.

Well, that was my first foray into Droid territory and it was not a seamless transition. I have a lot of email address between work and personal and the Droid would not accept some of my key ones (I have since come to realize there are some work arounds but I wanted something that would fall into place easier).

Battery life was poor and I was overwhelmed with the customization options. Also, I knew it was going to be a large phone and thought I could adapt to it, but I could not.

I sold my Droid X and bought the iPhone. Both are great phones but I always wanted the iPhone so here I am.