What's new

Current Android User..moving to iphone..

jws86 said:
Well I have made the trade and now have a mint 32gig 4s in my hands. As for reception quality I can tell already this is better in the 3g aspect for reception anyway. Sitting inside my house I have full signal consistently. On the s3 I would never get 4g, and on 3g I would have 2-3 bars max. I use wifi at home anyway so not to big of a deal but I'm loving it so far.

I did the opposite, I went from a iPhone 4s to the galaxy s3 now that was a mistake if ever there was one, any way I sold the s3 and now I'm back withe the 4s, in my opinion you can't go wrong with the 4s it's still one of the best phones on the market, not to mention the fabulous app store, so much better than the one android has I think they call it google play what a heap of rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Glad you finally took the plunge and joined us on the dark side (jail broken) Enjoy!!!!!

I already am. Hesitating to put a theme on. Enjoying my simple tweaks for now - Forecast, Bytafont, SliderPro, AlwaysArrange, Brightslide, KillBackground, Zeppelin, and SuperSwitcher. (I have a few others.) :)

I already am. Hesitating to put a theme on. Enjoying my simple tweaks for now - Forecast, Bytafont, SliderPro, AlwaysArrange, Brightslide, KillBackground, Zeppelin, and SuperSwitcher. (I have a few others.) :)

Thats a nice start you got there! I love zeppelin and bytafont. Try Bitesms!

jws86 said:
Thats a nice start you got there! I love zeppelin and bytafont. Try Bitesms!

Zeppelin is awesome. Love having the little Apple in my status bar. Also enjoying my custom font. Not sure I'm sold on biteSMS to be quite honest!

Zeppelin is awesome. Love having the little Apple in my status bar. Also enjoying my custom font. Not sure I'm sold on biteSMS to be quite honest!

Oh my! I can't resist - I have to jump in here in defense (advocation?) for biteSMS! :)

The best features about it are Quick Compose (QC) and Quick Reply (QR). I use QR the most - so let me tell you what it's like... You get text notification (either as a pop-up or as a notification banner). If you press on the active banner/notification bar, rather than being taken from the app you are in (to answer the text), a QR pop-up appears. you make a reply, press Send and (1) the text is sent and (2) you are right back to what you were doing before the text came. No switching apps and no losing your place. IMNSHO opinion, biteSMS is the way Apple SHOULD have built their Message app. QC works the same way. Here's a screen shot of QC in action:

View attachment 7865

Oh, and while I'm at it, take a look at the tweak CallBar. Same theory as biteSMS, in that you can activate the phone feature without having to leave the app you are in. You can answer/make phone calls, then go right back to what you were doing. No app switching!

Again, between these two tweaks - the iPhone is as I feel it should be. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

But - you really should try biteSMS... :)

Marilyn

I don't know, I may be dumb, but I don't like the biteSMS layout. I had something similar on my Droid awhile back and while the quick reply thing was really handy (considering my Droid didn't have the notification system iOS does) I just thought the app itself was ugly. I will look into the call tweak though!

I don't know, I may be dumb, but I don't like the biteSMS layout. I had something similar on my Droid awhile back and while the quick reply thing was really handy (considering my Droid didn't have the notification system iOS does) I just thought the app itself was ugly. I will look into the call tweak though!

Yeah speaking of ugly I believe biteSMS is ugly too are there themes for it in cydia? Oh and as for zeppelin I use the apple logo too! haha

+1 on callbar. Love that tweak. Before it i had accidentally answer/declined calls while typing on screen. Callbar solved that lil issue real quick.

Now as for bitesms, I agree with the ugly.

jws86 said:
Yeah speaking of ugly I believe biteSMS is ugly too are there themes for it in cydia? Oh and as for zeppelin I use the apple logo too! haha

The apple is just so cute. I don't think I'll ever change it.

Hey I see your a packer fan if you go to addons in cydia for zeppelin and scroll all the way to the bottom in the z's...they have nfl carrier logos to change too..oh and I'm a bears fan by the way! haha
Oh my goodness.....! I didn't realize there were this many Zeppelin add-ons. However will I choose? :(

And hey, we all make mistakes. We Packer fans would gladly welcome you into our family once you have seen the light!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness.....! I didn't realize there were this many Zeppelin add-ons. However will I choose? :(

And hey, we all make mistakes. We Packer fans would gladly welcome you into our family once you have seen the light!

Hahah don't hold your breathe!