What's new

Current Android User..moving to iphone..

I'm glad to hear someone switched from an S3 to an iPhone because I was actually considering at one point giving up my iPhone for an S3. Glad I didn't. I'm holding out for the iPhone 5 now!! I just got caught up in the all the hype over the S3 but I know that iOS is the better OS. I've had android before and it was very frustrating. Guess I'm Apple for life!

I'm glad to hear someone switched from an S3 to an iPhone because I was actually considering at one point giving up my iPhone for an S3. Glad I didn't. I'm holding out for the iPhone 5 now!! I just got caught up in the all the hype over the S3 but I know that iOS is the better OS. I've had android before and it was very frustrating. Guess I'm Apple for life!

I have already jailbroken this device now and am in the process of customizing it to my liking. I do not miss the s3 one bit. Don't see why I ever will. Everything is very simple on iOS. Jailbreaking was just a one click easy procedure, where rooting/flashing roms on android can become a mess quickly if you don't know what you are doing.

I have already jailbroken this device now and am in the process of customizing it to my liking. I do not miss the s3 one bit. Don't see why I ever will. Everything is very simple on iOS. Jailbreaking was just a one click easy procedure, where rooting/flashing roms on android can become a mess quickly if you don't know what you are doing.
When I went to the jailbreaking thread there were tons of threads like "how to jailbreak with _______" and I have no idea which one I should use! But I'd love to give jailbreaking a try. (I also rooted my original Galaxy.)

When I went to the jailbreaking thread there were tons of threads like "how to jailbreak with _______" and I have no idea which one I should use! But I'd love to give jailbreaking a try. (I also rooted my original Galaxy.)

Oh god its so easy. I used greenpoisOns absinthe 2.0 for windows. I wiped my phone cause the original owner had some crap on it. Unzip the file you download from greenpois0n run the program plug in your phone and it start it takes a couple mins...one click and your done. I'm assuming you could use this too as long as your running 5.0 software +

jws86 said:

That's exactly why I love my iPhone so much because it's so darn user friendly and easy. With android everything was so complicated. There's just something special about iPhone that u just can't put it down!!

That's exactly why I love my iPhone so much because it's so darn user friendly and easy. With android everything was so complicated. There's just something special about iPhone that u just can't put it down!!

I hear ya there! Ive had this phone since 11am today and have been messing with it ever since lol.

I hear ya there! Ive had this phone since 11am today and have been messing with it ever since lol.

Welcome to the forum and to the dark side. I love my jail broken 4S. As you've already discovered jail breaking is a breeze. You'll find that installing themes and tweaks is easy and iOS is much more forgiving that my Android.

Enjoy!

Oh god its so easy. I used greenpoisOns absinthe 2.0 for windows. I wiped my phone cause the original owner had some crap on it. Unzip the file you download from greenpois0n run the program plug in your phone and it start it takes a couple mins...one click and your done. I'm assuming you could use this too as long as your running 5.0 software +
Yep, I have the latest iOS software. But what is the difference between running greenpois0n vs the other ones? I guess I'm confused why there are so many options (besides the obvious - Mac vs. Windows)

I believe Greenpois0n was the first to do untethered. I use Greenpois0n to jail break my 4S and my iPad. Worked exactly as stated on both devices and I've not had any issues with either.

I believe Greenpois0n was the first to do untethered. I use Greenpois0n to jail break my 4S and my iPad. Worked exactly as stated on both devices and I've not had any issues with either.
Same here. In fact, when I jailbroke my iPhone 4S, one click, waited and it said it was done. I sat there thinking "it couldn't have been that easy". Well, it was indeed that easy. World of difference between that and what I had been accustomed to on Android for years.

Yep, I have the latest iOS software. But what is the difference between running greenpois0n vs the other ones? I guess I'm confused why there are so many options (besides the obvious - Mac vs. Windows)

I would just go with greenpois0n it was one click and your done.

^^^ what he says.Absinthe from greenpois0n is the way to go.

Semel said:
^^^ what he says.Absinthe from greenpois0n is the way to go.

You guys were right. Insanely easy. Only annoying part was backing up my phone via iTunes (because it took forever).

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net