What's new

Crack

alon

Reaction score
Last night my 6 day old iPhone4 did what all expensive technology does and did the weird jump out of hand and fall in slow motion towards the concrete floor, despite desperate grabbing at the air in front of you.

With a resounding crack, it landed on the floor and the front glass panel smashed !

So I went online and booked an appointment with the Genius Bar at my local Apple shop, which luckily for me was earlier today.

I popped in for my appointment and explained what happened.
The chap was quite helpful and gave me the grim news that at this stage Apple can't replace the front screens, something about them being attached to the thingy and a full de-assembly of the phone would be required, they could however replace the rear one (would be great except that was fine.)

So he went onto say that they can replace the handset at a cost of £130 + vat, I have heard of this so I was waiting for him to drop the bombshell.

However when he looked at the details for the phone he decided as I had only had it for 6 days, they would just give me a brand new one, which he did, for free.

Ironically my case arrived in the post when I got back from the shop...

I like the people at Apple....

It certainly does put an element of faith back into the consumer market so to speak.