What's new

Cracked Screen

drb753

Reaction score
I took my Iphone to the Apple Store to have the front glass replaced. On the phone, they told me it would cost $199. Much to my surprise, they replaced the entire phone for FREE! They said it was a one time replacement under the warranty.

Just an FYI for those, like myself, who did not know they did this.

I took my Iphone to the Apple Store to have the front glass replaced. On the phone, they told me it would cost $199. Much to my surprise, they replaced the entire phone for FREE! They said it was a one time replacement under the warranty.

Just an FYI for those, like myself, who did not know they did this.

You're very lucky!!!! Are you in the USA?? And how did you break your front glass? Did you have a case guard on the phone? (All these questions!!!!)

This happened to me when I first got my iPhone and dropped it. The employe told me that he felt bad for me and gave me a new one too. :D

Yeah iPhone Repair places are popping up all over the place. What sucks about getting the iPhone 4 screen replaced is it is still expensive due to the glass not being able to be separated from the LCD. Average cost is still between $130 to $150.

I did the same thing. Took it to Apple & they replaced it for me this one time only. But of course I have kids who love to play with my phone. And there it went again. Another broken screen. Of course I had to find out another avenue. So I found a repair shop on line that does mail-ins. That name is Dr. Cell Phone. I took a chance because i couldn't afford another phone. But they do iPhone 4 Screen repairs at a reasonable price. So I would recommend them.

wow, good luck. Our phone had a crack also. It worked for a while and then another fall and that was it :(