What's new

white screen after digitizer replacement

melco1105

Reaction score
I recently replaced the glass and digitizer on my iphone 4.
Before I replaced it the phone was working perfectly it just had a 3 nasty cracks in the glass. Now that I have replaced the glass and digitizer all I get is a white screen.
I have double checked both the lcd and the digitizer are connected on the motherboard.
I have tried holding down the home+sleep/wake+volume button, I have tried restoring the phone via itunes (which it recognizes fine and even tells me after a restore my sim requires a pin to access the phone).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
could I have inadvertently damaged the lcd or is it likely to be a software issue?

Thank you so much to everyone in advance
Mel

i had the same problem when i replaced the glass and digitizer on my 3g check the cables again sometimes they come unplugged when putting it back together if that doesnt work sounds like you may have damaged one of the flex cables.

i had the same problem when i replaced the glass and digitizer on my 3g check the cables again sometimes they come unplugged when putting it back together if that doesnt work sounds like you may have damaged one of the flex cables.

I would agree with this assessment. my best friends 3GS used to regularly go to a white screen and when he took it to apple they told him that his particular model of 3GS's had an issue with the ribbon connector. Chances are you have a ribbon connector that isnt completely seated.

thanks guys I will take it apart again and see if I can get it to connect.
I just don't want to buy a new lcd if it is not the problem.

generally ,i'll go to the repair shops when i have the similar pro.so ,i can't give you much info