What's new

Configuring iOS 6, despite not downloading it. What?

rplitt4

Reaction score
So, the weird-ist thing just happened to my 3GS. Somehow, after the battery drained and I turned it back on, iOS 6 just happened to need configuration. Funny thing is, I never downloaded the update, nor was I in an area with 3G coverage, or WiFi (P.S. I was on a highway and my service has been acting up. I haven't been able to get as good service as I usually have been, as in Searching... and No Service. But I'm getting a new SIM and phone, so this is just trivia...). So, despite my chagrin, I move the lock-slide over and, lo-and-behold, I need to connect to iTunes. I connect to my laptop and then my phone restarts itself. It turns back on, then a pop-up appears on my iTunes and tells me to restore my phone.

Now, my phone is in the process of being restored and updated (correctly). I am just over-the-top curious as to why all of this happened, because, in my eyes, iOS 6 shouldn't have appeared in the first place (no reason for me to download, in all honesty).

EDIT: My phone has been constantly restarting itself, ever since I first plugged it in. Is that a good sign?

Last edited: