What's new

Iphone 6 configuration question

ccm

Reaction score
My wife and I each have an Iphone 6 and we need a little help with fine tuning one of the configurations. When we press the home button on the phone, to turn on the phone and access the home page (not sure what to call this) we get a window that pops up that is titled "News". Below the title it will list a few lines of CNN news. I have a "News" icon on the home page and CNN is one of my "favorites" within that icon. When I selected CNN as one of my "favorites" I do not remember selecting an option to give us a preview of the latest CNN news every time we accessed our phone. There must be somewhere else that I could have chosen to get this new preview each time we use the phone. Can anyone tell me what to do to remove this feature?

I would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Charlie

While you can go to Settings>Notifications and turn notifications off, you can't select where the notifications appear. The news folder also appears in the notification centre when you swipe down from the top of the screen.

CLARIFICATION: [Settings][Notifications] is where you can set notifications for each app. You should NOT turn all notifications OFF. You'll want to keep some notifications such as text-messaging and phone calls, maybe Facebook and Twitter (if you have these), etc.

Also, pay attention to type of notification display: [Banners] pop-down then automatically hide, [Alerts] stay on-screen until you respond.

NOTE: You can set specific sounds in [Settfings][Sounds] used for notifications, examples; I use 'R2-D2' for text messages (default), have a special sound for family members who call (set via Contacts), etc. You can find free sounds at: Apple iPhone Ringtones

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you who replied. This solved my problem and I appreciate you taking time to help me.

Charlie

The zedge ringtones won't download for iPhone