What's new

Restricted roaming configuration?

dzurn

Reaction score
Restricted roaming configuration?
First off, I am NOT asking about unlocking my iPhone. Already got that through AT&T since my contract is up.

What I am asking about is something I might have done to my iPhone 4S when I first got it, which was to fiddle with its inner workings using something like the enterprise iPhone Configuration Utility, or possibly Terminal defaults writing to my iPhone.

Anyway, what I was originally trying to do was keep my iPhone from jumping to some random carrier and back to AT&T. So I got it into my tiny brain that I could find a way to restrict the carrier so it would always look for AT&T first. And I think I did that, somehow, some way.

So last year when I went to Japan, my iPhone would NOT connect to any other carrier, like DoCoMo or whatever, when in Japan. My phone was basically an iPod touch with an expensive contract
frown.gif

While there, I brought my 4S to an Apple store in Shibuya trying to figure out if my cell antenna was broken or something, but they couldn't replace it while in Japan since it's a US phone. So when I got home, my phone found AT&T and worked normally again.

Now I'm going back to Japan again, and I want to remove this block I put on it. Is ANYONE familiar with this and can guide me to how I can reverse this?

I am getting a new iPhone 5 tomorrow, and want to be sure that a full restore won't drag over my insane restriction.

Anyone have any insight?

Much appreciated.