What's new

Roaming in UK

Zenox

Reaction score
Before I leave Japan for a month in UK I'd appreciate anyone explaining simply what Roaming is and how much I can expect to pay.Also do you think roaming is good for me?
I will not make any calls abroad from the UK and even in the UK probably .make at the most two or three voice calls possbly none!.I hope to be able to use Telegram Line and Skype for all communucations. In addition when I arrive at Heathrow I need to receive e mail asap the same day as arrival. Advice on best way to do this.
At present my e mails are through Japan (synapse) and G mail.The theater that will e mail me at Heathrow has my Japan email address,will that be ok or should I give them my G mail address? The theater is sending me an e mail and link 48 hours before performance requesting my confirmation that I am free of corona virus.I cannot e mail them.
Finally do you think a Japanese DOCOMO roaming plan for one month is good for my purpose?I guess if I do this at least I am able to just take my Japanese i phone 7 as it is without changing sim card for UK use. I arrive Heathrow on December 12th and the Theater performance is December 14th!Soon as I click ling and confirm they will e mail me the ticket.