What's new

Need help with configuration after upgrading to IOS 7.0.2

ccm

Reaction score
Hey guys,
We have IPhone 4's and have recently upgraded to IOS 7.0.2 and it appears I screwed up a configuration during the upgrade process. When I text someone, the text shows up on my wife's IPhone and her Ipad. The same thing happens when my wife texts someone. I can't find where I can change that configuration. Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie

Go into the Messages section of your Settings app. Then, just make sure nothing is duplicated in the "Send & Receive" section (under the line "You can be reached by iMessage at").

You don't want to be using the same phone numbers or e-mail addresses - that's how you get each other's texts.

It's okay to see/use the same Apple ID at the top, just don't have duplicated in that one section (unless you want them).

Hope this helps.

Mickey330,
So when I look at the "Send & Receive" section, what I should have is only my cell number and my email address. Right now I have my wife's cell number and her email address plus mine as well.

Thanks for taking time to give me some help.

Charlie

Mickey330,
So when I look at the "Send & Receive" section, what I should have is only my cell number and my email address. Right now I have my wife's cell number and her email address plus mine as well.

Thanks for taking time to give me some help.

Charlie

Right - so you'll want to remove your wife's info (as she'll want to remove yours). That will stop each of you receiving the other's texts.

Marilyn

Right - so you'll want to remove your wife's info (as she'll want to remove yours). That will stop each of you receiving the other's texts.

Marilyn

Marilyn,
Thanks for your help.

Charlie