What's new

Concern over data charging while on WiFi mode

ariami.ibrahim

Reaction score
I'm working in one of the biggest mobile operator here in Brunei. Recently, we were doing random checking on all of our mobile services (voice, sms, mms, data and etc.). All the ratings are correctly charged according to our charging principle and stuff. However, for some reason we noticed that, we as in iphone users were being charged for data every minute despite we were attached to the WiFi. Whereas, other brands of smart phones we have tested on that day were seems to be fine. We never encounter this kind of issue previously and i don't see the point of using WiFi nowadays if we are still charged unnecessarily. My question is now why iphone ?? I wonder you guys encounter this type of issue ??

Yes, I had this issue once before where I was charged for data even though I was connected to wifi. Since then, whenever I use anything that involves using the internet such as iTunes, the App store or safari, I put the phone in airplane mode just to make sure I am not using my data allowance.

Turn off the 3G setting in your iPhone when you know that you are connected to wifi and for a long period of time, when you are leaving the wifi range, turn on the 3G network again.

Thanks for your prompt response guys. And again seriously ? It affecting iphone users with postpaid plan only not to our prepaid subscribers though.. hmmm... :(