What's new

Coming Back to iOS - What Happened?!?

Prove it:)

That analogy is for the processor speed only. The 4s is faster, but not everyone needs that speed. The 4 is fast enough for many.

You still haven't shown why/how 4s multitasking is better than the 4:)
Obvious answer: the increased speed. You can never win an argument telling a person their need level. So I won't try. But the premise of your original statement was that there was no "real"' difference between the 4 and the 4S. That is a patently false statement I felt compelled to correct you on. :) It has nothing to do with need level which is an entirely different argument.

The 4S, in every measurable way, is a way better phone, able to do way more, than a 4. That's not really a challenge-able statement. ;-)

Last edited:
Obvious answer: the increased speed. You can never win an argument telling a person their need level. So I won't try. But the premise of your original statement was that there was no "real"' difference between the 4 and the 4S. That is a patently false statement I felt compelled to correct you on. :) It has nothing to do with need level which is an entirely different argument.

The 4S, in every measurable way, is a way better phone, able to do way more, than a 4. That's not really a challenge-able statement. ;-)

I agree 😜

iHolophyte

My point still stands. Many people won't/don't notice a difference(in terms of speed), between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s. Maybe in games, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone 4 can play all the games in the app market without lag. The situations where a dual core processor is really needed are few and far between. If my mom had a Porsche and a Ford, there would be no noticeable difference in performance to/for her. Sure, the Porsche can go waay faster, but the situations that need a really fast car are, again, few and far between.

Did you know the 4s uses the same screen as the 4? The exact same panel. The iPhone 4s also has worse battery life. But, the iPhone 4s excels in other categories, such as camera and processor. But, the point remains that the iPhone 4s is NOT better in "every measurable way".

I came back to iOS on 4.2 Had been with android since the 3gs due to att. Had to go with verizon and had a couple android phones. I have since had the 4 and the 4s and there really isn't that much difference between the two. Siri which i rarely use is on it and the camera is better but not the HUGE difference that it is played out to be. Although if I were set on switching now I def wouldn't wayste the upgrade on a 4. Def go with the 4S.

Thanks guys and gals. Didn't mean to start an argument there, haha. Two final questions: 1) is there a DSP/EQ changer for iOS (other than stock built in ie: bass boost) and 2) my friend is curious if it is possible to get an iPhone to run on T-mo, is it possible, even with hacks?

Thanks much!

Tommy300z said:
Thanks guys and gals. Didn't mean to start an argument there, haha. Two final questions: 1) is there a DSP/EQ changer for iOS (other than stock built in ie: bass boost) and 2) my friend is curious if it is possible to get an iPhone to run on T-mo, is it possible, even with hacks?

Thanks much!

1. Not sure.

2. Yes, if you purchase an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.5 or below, you can unlock it with a Gevey sim card. I believe an unlock for the 4s was just released.

You can also use any iPhone on Straight Talk, which uses AT&T towers. Straight Talk offers unlimited talk, text, and web for $45 a month.

Thru an App? And does it use it's own dialer? And do you use normal phone numbers?

No apps required. Just activate the Straight Talk sim and stick it in your iPhone. It works just like a regular AT&T sim. You can even port your current number to Straight Talk.

No apps required. Just activate the Straight Talk sim and stick it in your iPhone. It works just like a regular AT&T sim. You can even port your current number to Straight Talk.
Wow - you have me very curious now.. I thought the whole idea of using a 'different company' than the one you bought it from - was that the phone needed to be 'unlocked'.. and that's a permanent change to your phone in a way.. unlike jailbreaking.. Does AT&T know about this?? If it was so easy - wouldn't everybody be doing it - as the old question goes..? LOL!! The idea of popping out a sim from an iPhone and popping in another and, voilá, you have a better plan with a different company seems to be 'too good to be true'. Is it JUST THAT SIMPLE? I wanna say "what's the catch"? :).. Is Straight Talk's service better pricing wise? You say they use AT&T towers - so that shouldn't change coverage.. Do people then 'cancel' their service with AT&T? Does Straight Talk have family plans? What am I missing? Anything?
Thanks..

EDITED: to add this -from StraightTalk's website:
"Use your own compatible unlocked GSM phone on America's best nationwide networks. Select a SIM or SIM bundle to get Unlimited Data, Talk & Text. It's that easy. "

So "that's" the catch, MrMischief. It looks like it needs to be an unlocked phone - not a stock AT&T iphone.
So this statement of yours from earlier....
Nope, any AT&T or T-Mobile phone can be used on Straight Talk without being unlocked.
....seems incorrect to me according to StraightTalk's own info. Am I still missing something?

Last edited:
You don't need an unlocked iPhone. My iPhone is on the latest iOS 5, BaseBand 4.11.08, which is not unlockable. In the picture below, you can see which sims they sell. If you click Shop Sims, then Buy Now, it will bring you to the picture below. Since Straight Talk runs on AT&T's network, I'm sure AT&T knows about it:)

I wrote up a guide here: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/g...ed-talk-text-data-$45-month-34930/#post182801

Capture-1.png

Attachments

• $Capture.jpg
    $Capture.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 318
  • $Capture.jpg
    $Capture.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
pianoman said:
That a false analogy and you know it.. ;-)

Comparing A5 chip to A4 and Apple server built in dictation to no dictation is more analogous to comparing "a car" to "no car at all".

Yeah man. 4S multitasking is exactly the same. And Apple will never change how iOS multitask.

You don't need an unlocked iPhone. My iPhone is on the latest iOS 5, BaseBand 4.11.08, which is not unlockable. In the picture below, you can see which sims they sell. If you click Shop Sims, then Buy Now, it will bring you to the picture below. Since Straight Talk runs on AT&T's network, I'm sure AT&T knows about it:)

I wrote up a guide here:
thanks very much for that info! That's a little clearer. But it still leaves this question for me. Why would an iPhone user, now with these kinds of Sims available for simple plug-and-play, ever need to unlock their iphone? Since the only reason you ever unlock your phone is to be able to use it with a different carrier. Help me with the answer to that question. Thanks.