What's new

Chronic Dev Team To Release Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak

Update from Redsn0w_testers

Since Apple still serves the 4.1 IPSW (not blobs!), we'll do a Windows redsn0w release for untethered 4.2.1 via Monte-4.1
web • 28/01/2011 09:55

Please don't complain too loudly about how slow it takes :) The Win version uses filesystem instead of RAM: slow!
web • 28/01/2011 10:01

Since Apple still serves the 4.1 IPSW (not blobs!), we'll do a Windows redsn0w release for untethered 4.2.1 via Monte-4.1
web • 28/01/2011 09:55

Excellent news for us Windows owners but no good for us iPad owners - correct me if I wrong but there were no 4.1 blobs for the iPad

Here's hoping Greenpois0n will be released soon

Redsn0w only out for mac users as a beta. They reluctant to release for windows. as it takes a long time to run also you need your 4.1 shsh file. Here's hoping they release Greenpois0n as you don't need these files.

Word on street we might see a 4.2.1 untethered this coming weekend as the tweets are hotting up again. But we will see as seeing is believing

Update. via Veryrite.com

The wait is over for Windows users waiting for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. iPhone Dev Team has announced that soon there will be an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution for Windows users using Redsn0w 0.9.7 for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch.
Previously we have updated you that the iPhone Dev Team has successfully ported Monte method back to iOS 4.1 kernel (SHSH blobs) to do an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 without having iOS 4.2b3 hashes saved.

If you are unaware of the whole story, the untethered iOS 4.2.1 using Redsn0w 0.9.7 is only available for Mac OS X. The solution requires you to use saved iOS 4.2b3 hashes which is available only to developers. If you don’t have iOS 4.2b3 hashes then pirate which we will not recommend you, if you cannot pirate it then you can only wait.
The good news is that the next version will only require you to have iOS 4.1 IPSW and not the iOS 4.2b3 (only for developers) blobs. The second good news is that it will be available for Windows users as well.
Remember that the Windows solution is going to be slow. iPhone Dev Team has also asked not to complain as its going to be a little slow. The reason why they are releasing the slow version as Windows users are too anxious and cannot wait anymore.

That is surely great but when this untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution for Windows users will be available?? No Estimated time of arrival has been told. The tweets of iPhone Dev Team hints us that it will be here very soon almost anytime. We expect it to be here in the coming week.
All you need to stay connected to VeryRite. We will be updating you as soon as the untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak solution for Windows releases. We will also be showing you a step by step HOW TO guide. So make sure you follow us.
Veryrite.com

What you mean by slow version? Jb will work slower?

The JB thats out for Mac users and this JB for windows. Are they different? is windows one better?
I dont read much here. Heard the Mac one is Beta, etc
Reason Im asking cause if they are the same then there is no reason for me waiting for windows when I can just get a mac and JB the phone..

The JB thats out for Mac users and this JB for windows. Are they different? is windows one better?
I dont read much here. Heard the Mac one is Beta, etc
Reason Im asking cause if they are the same then there is no reason for me waiting for windows when I can just get a mac and JB the phone..

no difference at all, some times windows get the jailbreaks first and some times mac plus the mac jailbreak at the moment you need to have had the beta2 info saved and other requirements i forget them, if your going to buy a mac just to have a jailbreak i wouldent bother