What's new

Chinese Team Pangu Releases Untethered Jailbreak Tool for iOS 9, Includes iPhone 6S and 6S Plus

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
jailbreak-ios-9.jpg
Not too long ago, iOS Jailbreak tools would take several months to develop and release to the public. However in recent years, Chinese team Pangu has provided us with an updated Jailbreak tool soon after major iOS releases.

On Wednesday, team Pangu released the first untethered Jailbreak tool for iOS 9. Unlike the pesky aforementioned releases, the latest tool supports the newest devices, including the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.

The Pangu Jailbreak supports the following iOS devices and models running iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1, or iOS 9.0.2:
  • iPhone 4S, 5/5c/5s, 6/6 Plus, 6s/6s Plus
  • iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2/3/4
  • iPod touch (fifth and sixth generations)

While all of this is great news, there is no word whether or not the Pangu tool will be updated for iOS 9.1. It is also important to note the so-called "Jailbreak App Store", a.k.a. Cydia, has been updated with iOS 9 support, but Jailbreak developers will need to update their apps and tweaks.

The untethered iOS 9 Pangu Jailbreak tool can be downloaded directly from the team.

The current iOS 9 jailbreak only works with Windows. There's no word at this time when a version compatible with Macs will be released. If all you have is a Mac, you'll have to get Windows for the Mac

The new iTunes software that works with iOS 9 NO longer supports Windows XP.

Was able to download IOS 9.0.2 with XP and DFU restore the iPad mini 3 to iOS 9. When I went to restore my backup, it is not supported!

So when backing up your iOS device before jailbreaking, make sure it's in a Window 7 (or above) machine. I was able to restore my personal data, moving the restore folder from XP to Win7 machine, however my apps didn't transfer because I forgot to transfer/move them from my Win7 machine. Oops...

The iOS 9 jailbreak software does still work on XP FYI.