What's new

Checking Software Update

ndlovuan

Reaction score
I'm trying to check latest software update on my iPhone 5 & it keeps showing "Checking Software Update" without getting to show latest update. What do I need to do to make it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to iPhone Forums, ndlovuan!

It's possible that your internet speed is too slow, and that's why it's constantly checking for an update.

Try resetting your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both buttons as soon as the logo appears. Your iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't change settings or remove data. Maybe it will help with your problem.

There's a second option to update your iPhone, if over the air doesn't work: use iTunes for updating. iTunes will load the right software for your device, and then install it. Connect your iPhone to your computer, backup your iDevice (just in case), and then update it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your prompt response. Followed your first suggestion & it worked. Also suspect that my WiFi was slow resulting in perhaps in a continuous "Checking Software Update" mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the first sign of an update this morning on my iPad.
Will be waiting a couple a weeks and checking here to as usual to make sure all is ok before l install it.
Safety or what :)

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.