What's new

Error Code 9 on Restore and Update

motoman

Reaction score
My wife's iPhone 5 just locked up and just keeps showing the big apple in middle of screen. It goes away then comes back like its in a loop. I got it to screen holding down home and power button to hook to iTunes. I downloaded latest software. Then it gets to the Verifying with Apple on iTunes and there is a apple with a line under it like its fixing to start loading it then the unknown error occurred 9. Iphone could not be restored. I've tried a few things I found on google with no luck. About ready to bust it. Its unusable the way it is.

That error is usually encountered when your device loses it's USB connection with iTunes. Have you tried different cables as well as different USB ports on the computer?

That error is usually encountered when your device loses it's USB connection with iTunes. Have you tried different cables as well as different USB ports on the computer?
Yes I have 2 different Apple cables that came with it and my wife's Ipad mini. Same results. Also tried all 3 ports on the laptop.

Do you have the same problem with any other device or is it restricted to just this iPhone? If it only happens with this iPhone, you may have a problem with the charging port on the iPhone or internal circuitry associated with it.

Do you have the same problem with any other device or is it restricted to just this iPhone? If it only happens with this iPhone, you may have a problem with the charging port on the iPhone or internal circuitry associated with it.

I haven't tried anything else. But I will to make sure it might just be this phone.

I know I can hook my Galaxy S6 ATT up to any port for internet and it smokes on the net.

It connects every time and as soon as it gets to verifying restore with apple bam unknown error occurred.

No idea what you've tried, so here are a few suggestions:

Reset the iPhone, using Home and Power button. Also reset your computer.

Unplug everything else except for keyboard and mouse, then try reconnecting your iPhone.

Make sure iTunes is up to date.

Disable security software, and make sure the firewall isn't disrupting the connection.

No idea what you've tried, so here are a few suggestions:

Reset the iPhone, using Home and Power button. Also reset your computer.

Unplug everything else except for keyboard and mouse, then try reconnecting your iPhone.

Make sure iTunes is up to date.

Disable security software, and make sure the firewall isn't disrupting the connection.
Yes I've tried all this. I disabled my malwarebytes and Avast. Still no luck.