What's new

iPhone 4S Restore

grumpy17

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having trouble restoring my iPhone 4S - iTunes tells me that I have the latest software installed, but when I hit restore it begins to update the phone with the latest software and says it will take 10 hours!!!
I am thinking of trying to restore the phone by not checking the "Back Up" box and rather checking the "Don't Back Up" box. Will this erase all my sms's and other data, and will I be nable to get this data back ? I have recently backed my phone up to iCloud via my iTunes.... Help, PLEASE 😓

grumpy17 said:
Hi,
I am having trouble restoring my iPhone 4S - iTunes tells me that I have the latest software installed, but when I hit restore it begins to update the phone with the latest software and says it will take 10 hours!!!
I am thinking of trying to restore the phone by not checking the "Back Up" box and rather checking the "Don't Back Up" box. Will this erase all my sms's and other data, and will I be nable to get this data back ? I have recently backed my phone up to iCloud via my iTunes.... Help, PLEASE dde13

Download a iPhone 4s 5.0.1 ipsw. Then do a shift restore in itunes