What's new

Restore and set up as new phone

angeliq

Reaction score
My phone is suddenly eating battery like mad. I want to do a restore and setup as new phone. Question: My contacts, calendar, reminders, notes, photo's and music...what will happen? Will it be back on after set up as new phone and then sync with icloud and itunes? Is it good to restore a backup as well? I'm scared that restoring from backup will just restore the problem. The battery drain was always between 8% - 10% per hour and suddenly about 18% - to 20% per hour. And the phone is heating up for the first time I got it...

One more qs in addition to the above. What happens if I restore and setup as new on a computer that does not have Internet access?

My phone is suddenly eating battery like mad. I want to do a restore and setup as new phone. Question: My contacts, calendar, reminders, notes, photo's and music...what will happen? Will it be back on after set up as new phone and then sync with icloud and itunes? Is it good to restore a backup as well? I'm scared that restoring from backup will just restore the problem. The battery drain was always between 8% - 10% per hour and suddenly about 18% - to 20% per hour. And the phone is heating up for the first time I got it...

this will tell you what you need to know-
iOS: How to back up your data and set up as a new device

One more qs in addition to the above. What happens if I restore and setup as new on a computer that does not have Internet access?

Can't. You need internet access to restore as I've mentioned twice in your other thread

willerz2 said:
Can't. You need internet access to restore as I've mentioned twice in your other thread

Sorry. Missed that.