What's new

Check what is draining the battery

lysin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I need a little help, since a few days ago I noticed my battery draining to be a lot higher than usual! Then I noticed that usage was the same when both the screen is on and the phone in use and when the screen is off and the phone Idle!

Anyone knows how I can check for what's causing this?

Thanks in advance

Ps: I have an iPhone 4s 16gb on 5.0.1 jailbroken.

Attachments

• $image-3839921262.jpg
    $image-3839921262.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 461
That is a known bug in iOS. Bascially you have an application that has become "stuck" in the application list of iOS task daemon. This stuck application shows that it is running when in fact it is not. iOS though continues to track the usage as if the app is running.

The only way I know how to fix it is with a reboot.

I've tried rebooting, respringing and uninstalled a bunch of apps and tweaks (push for sparrow, the bars tweak in cydia etc) nothing worked! And it's clearly draining battery! My iPhone is clearly eating way more battery than before! Like, 2-3 times more than before! Even when idle!

lysin said:
I've tried rebooting, respringing and uninstalled a bunch of apps and tweaks (push for sparrow, the bars tweak in cydia etc) nothing worked! And it's clearly draining battery! My iPhone is clearly eating way more battery than before! Like, 2-3 times more than before! Even when idle!

Your battery usage looks pretty good to me.

Sometimes it looks like your battery is draining more when it's not.

Do you know what you normal usage is when going from 100% to say.....10-15%?

The only way to really tell that your battery is draining more is to let it charge to 100%

Then let it drain to below 15%.

Then let use the phone normally until it gets to around 10-15%.

The see what our usage is. (be sure not to respring the whole day, or you will lose your Usage stats).

If you get between 8-12 hour usage (not in sand by) the. Your battery is fine.

Like I said.....it may just seem as its draining faster when it's not. The only way to tell is check the Usage after you go 100% to around 15%.

Also....make sure you don't have your music app playing music. I know rather silly...but thought I should let you know any way.

When the Music.app is playing music, but is locked, the Usage stats counts that as as Usage and not as Stand By even tho the phone is locked while playing music. It treats it as if the phone was unlocked.

Ok, this is getting worse by the hour! I understand your point but believe me when I say that there is something keeping the phone draining the battery. I am a light user, a few calls, a fext texts and browsing the web. Most of my time I use for twitter and other news apps. And normally, at the end of my day I have around 45-5'%. My normal usage statistics are around 5-6 hours of usage and 20-24 hours in standby! At this rate, it wont even last a day.

And now, as if my day wasn't perfect like that, there is something wrong with the phone too. I call to my phone from home and I ear it calling and nothing in the phone. Also, when I make a call, I cant ear anything and when I turn it off it just hangs there saying: disconnecting...

I would do a restore, but I dont want to loose my JB. Any pointers?

lysin said:
Ok, this is getting worse by the hour! I understand your point but believe me when I say that there is something keeping the phone draining the battery. I am a light user, a few calls, a fext texts and browsing the web. Most of my time I use for twitter and other news apps. And normally, at the end of my day I have around 45-5'%. My normal usage statistics are around 5-6 hours of usage and 20-24 hours in standby! At this rate, it wont even last a day.

And now, as if my day wasn't perfect like that, there is something wrong with the phone too. I call to my phone from home and I ear it calling and nothing in the phone. Also, when I make a call, I cant ear anything and when I turn it off it just hangs there saying: disconnecting...

I would do a restore, but I dont want to loose my JB. Any pointers?

(really seems like a hardware problem)

Perhaps it's something from Cydia that is conflicting w/ something. Or something that is completely incompatible.

Try removing Mobile Substrate from Cydia.

WARNING: removing mobile Substrate will remove all your tweaks that depend on it (damn near all of them). When you remove mobile substrate, it is very very important that you do not stop the process...or you will have to restore. Do not stop the process no matter what you see is getting uninstalled.

As long as you remove mobile substrate, let the process finish, then reboot/respring....everything will be fine, and you will be able to confirm that a Cydia tweak is/is not messing up your iPhone.

You will have to reinstall your tweaks, but that's a lot better then restoring to a stock iPhone dont ya think? The choice is yours.

Thanks zig9449. Didnt know about that! Going to do that now and report back... Its really pissing me off... lol

Thanks for the help

I removed Mobile substract and the problem with the phone still persists... Come on... Someone must have sent a plague my way...

So, no other options than restoring my phone? :(

What am I going to do withou a JB... Damn

lysin said:
I removed Mobile substract and the problem with the phone still persists... Come on... Someone must have sent a plague my way...

So, no other options than restoring my phone? :(

What am I going to do withou a JB... Damn

I'm afraid that all I got....I'm sorry. Ya know what you could try doing?

Oh wait....your the one that cannot get iTunes or a computer to recognize you device right?

No, thats not me... lol :p

Tell me...

lysin said:
No, thats not me... lol :p

Tell me...

Oh. Sorry...I get confuse between all the people I'm correctly trying to help.

Any way....you may be able to fix this by restring from a backup. An old backup, without updating to 5.1.

You have to plug in device, open iTunes,

Right click on the device, click restore from a backup...

Choose a backup from way before you had any problems.

You will not lose your jailbreak, and you will not update to iOS 5.

All it does is reapply settings that were previously backed up before.

Oh crap... Here I go again... I better get started looking at my hard drives... I had to reformat my pc and copyed all backups to *somewhere*... lol

Anyway... Thanks for all the help. In last case Im going to 5.1... The last thing I need is a phone that doesn't make calls...

Hi guys! Just to give an update and some closure on the subject! I really had to restore to 5.1... Really missing my tweaks, specially zephyr and sbsettings! Lol

Anyway, both problems are gone and the battery is back no normal usage...
Thanks again for all your help and now let's wait for a 5.1 Jb! :)

Attachments

• $image-1470099342.jpg
    $image-1470099342.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 410