What's new

Battery usage question.

browneyedgirl

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 5 with the latest version.
I am no longer able to see what is causing the most usage on my battery. When I go to Settings>Battery then I see under Battery Usage the following: Battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes .I used to be able to check it without any problems. Not sure if this happened after the latest update. Anyone know other things I could try? I did shut it off. It is the factory phone.

I have the iPhone 5 with the latest version.
I am no longer able to see what is causing the most usage on my battery. When I go to Settings>Battery then I see under Battery Usage the following: Battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes .I used to be able to check it without any problems. Not sure if this happened after the latest update. Anyone know other things I could try? I did shut it off. It is the factory phone.
That happens occasionally while the phone is indexing or something. Use it for a while and it will go back to displaying what you want it to.

Thank you for the quick replies. I think what bear7962 is true. I waited, tried to check it for three days. Suddenly this morning I can see it.
Now if I just knew what "background activity" means concerning the Facebook app I might be able to do something to help conserve the battery. It seems the biggest usage of the battery is messages & facebook.
I appreciate the replies.

It's long been known that Facebook is one of the biggest battery drain. If you have your Facebook settings limiting as much as you want and you have turned off background app refreshing for it on your iPhone and it still shows a lot of background activity maybe that is the one app you should force close from the app switcher when you leave it.

I will do that. I do have background app refresh off. I will force close when I am finished with facebook.