What's new

Camera out of focus after replacing iPhone 5 battery

tfcraigers

Reaction score
Hi,

I replaced the battery and everything seems fine except the rear camera can't focus when taking pictures close up (for example, text in a book). I upgraded to IOS 8.4 recently and can't recall if I had this problem before so I am not sure if it is a function of me replacing the battery and something getting damaged or my recent IOS update. The battery works GREAT and I did not remove the screen and pop off the 3 connectors when replacing the battery so I don't know. Does anyone know if replacing a battery could cause a rear camera close-up focus problem?

Thanks!

I opened the iPhone 5 case again and pushed a little on what looked like the rear camera and the close focus worked again for a few seconds, but then when I closed the case starting from the top (near the camera) which is recommended, the camera didn't near focus again. I did this a few times. Any suggestions on what my problem might be?

I took apart the case again and pushed the spot where the rear camera was attached. SUCCESS! Now in focus :)