What's new

Bricked iphone 4 ????

Lawayne

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a serious problem. My brother gave me his iphone 4 (GSM) after he had restored it to factory setting with the erase all content and data option. I downloaded the latest version of itunes and plugged my iphone 4 into my laptop via the usb cable and synced it. I tried jailbreaking it with redsn0w_win_0.9.9b6 and iphone 3,1_5.0_9A334_restore firmware. Now its sticks on the apple logo and after a few minutes it will go to the spinning wheel but freezes on it. Ok, heres where my problem starts. Itunes accidentially got deleted but I did a system restore on my laptop and got it back but it still won't recognize my iphone. I've tried all the tutorials I can find on the subject. I've tried everything from dfu mode to the recovery mode but itunes still won't recognize it. I looked in the devices and printers on my laptop and I don't see my iphone there either. I'm not very computer savy but I do have general knowledge. If theres any advice that can be shared with me, it would be most appreciated. My phone has been bricked for the better part of 3 weeks now and I really don't know what else to do. If there is anymore info needed on my phone, I'll be more than happy to give it to you. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend using sn0breeze...it helped me with 2 bricked iPhones 4 in the past...just check for instructions about iBooty and iReb on the step-by-step you may find (I used redmondpie website reference guide and download links)

Sounds like you got rid of the device drivers from your system. They are linked to iTunes. Best bet is to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, which should restore your drivers allowing the computer to recognise the device again.

Ok. I found out the problem. I had bought a usb cable from the dollar general. The cable would charge my phone but it would not let itunes or redsn0w recognize my phone. Now my problem is that I'm still stuck on the apple logo and then after a few minutes it will go to the spinning wheel but freezes on it. When I jb it, I used redsnow and ios5 firmware. I tried to restore it through itunes but got an error message 3194 saying my phone had not been restored. I only want the phone for playing games and listening to music. Can anyone please guide me the steps needed to jb my phone? I know the first thing I need to do is get it unstuck off of the apple logo and spinning wheel. Do I need to downgrade? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You cant downgrade unless you have SHSH for 4.x firmware. After you jailbreak with redsn0w you MUST boot tethered, it is a tethered jailbreak. If you don't boot tethered that's why you are getting stuck at the apple logo.

Hey everyone. I finally got my phone restored. I got it back to the setup process where it ask language, region, location services and wi-fi networks. Thats as far as I can get because I have no sims card. My phone is (GSM) running the ios 5.0.1 firmware. Can someone please point me to a tutorial to help me get this phone jailbroke. I've tried 3 times unsuccessfully to jailbreak it with redsn0w with each time it getting froze on the apple logo. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks