What's new

Boot logo help

brianjones616

Reaction score
I have iPhone 4 5.0.01 it's already jailbroken I can't get any boot logos to work. Is there something I'm missing?

The Tweak in cydia called "Animate" is what you use to load the custom boot logos

The Tweak in cydia called "Animate" is what you use to load the custom boot logos

Oh. Every boot logo I have looked at said that you have to jailbreak with greenpois0n but I don't see any greenpois0n jailbreaks any more. So I was hoping that there was a way around it now I know thanks.

Is there any eta when it should be working, and what will i have to do to get it to work when they fix the bug or whatever it is that is causing the problem?

greenpois0n.com is the jailbreak tool used but it does not work on 5.0.1 and the boot logos afaik only works with 4.2.1 so the tweak "Animate" was created for newer firmwares but it does not work on ios 5.0.1..

no ETA's are ever given but I will probably create a new thread to announce it once it is working on 5.0.1

installed but none of the boot logos I have tired work yet.. am going to try some more

Do you have Animate installed? It still depends on Animate, it just re-adds the custom boot logo option to your settings pane.

yep I have it installed... the option was already there even before installing that tweak.. maybe some boot logos dont work yet but I have tried various ones from the big boss repo

Ok, let me know if you get it working, I would be interested to know so I can use my custom bootlogos when this 4S jailbreak comes out :)

Upon further research, it appears as though this is just the first boot bootlogo that happens when you initially set up a device on iOS5 and not an actual iOS5 bootlogo app :( I hope they bring that back soon, bootlogos are awesome!