What's new

Boot logo

Jmills87 said:
That's just the way it's been since 4.2.1

Wasnt ever like that for me until the AnimateFix was updated for iOS 5.

On ios 4 it never did that. Not in my devices anyway.

Before Animate, the bootlogos were built directly into the custom firmware but Apple patched that method in iOS4 which is why Animate was developed, Animate has *always* shown the apple logo before the custom bootlogo. animate - The iPhone Wiki

"This approach has the advantage of being usable on all devices, regardless of their ability of accepting custom firmware, and supporting animated boot logos. The original boot logo will always show first."

Dude....I dont know man.

All I'm saying is my device never would respring between the end of the boot logo where it shows the lock screen on iOS 4. that is all.

Then you weren't using Animate, because the Apple logo before the custom bootlogo and the respring symbol after the custom bootlogo have always been present when using Animate, even before iOS5.

Jmills87 said:
Then you weren't using Animate, because the Apple logo before the custom bootlogo and the respring symbol after the custom bootlogo have always been present when using Animate, even before iOS5.

No for me...

I stand by that.

iOS 4
Animate
AnimateFix

No respring after boot logo.

Has NEVER happened until iOS 5.

I remember clearly.

Yea I believe I have the same issue now that I think about it. Brb gonna test for respring.

Ok it went like this

Original apple logo -> custom logo -> spinning wheel thingy like its respringing -> lock screen

Going to text without custom logo.

Okay with no custom logo just went from original apple logo to lock screen. Although I think the actual boot time remained the same or close to it

Yes, the boot time is about the same(custom bootlogo probably takes a second or two longer), it's only when you use a custom animate bootlogo that you are going to see the apple logo > the custom logo > the spinning wheel. That's just how Animate works.

iOS 4
Animate
AnimateFix

No respring after boot logo.

Has NEVER happened until iOS 5.

I remember clearly.

Animate fix was not necessary for iOS4, it was only introduced for iOS5 compatibility so I think you are mistaken. I have been using Animate since the day it was released and custom bootlogos handled with Animate have ALWAYS acted in this manner. It's important to note that the device does not actually respring after displaying the custom bootlogo, it just shows the spinning wheel animation.

Jmills87 said:
Animate fix was not necessary for iOS4, it was only introduced for iOS5 compatibility so I think you are mistaken. I have been using Animate since the day it was released and custom bootlogos handled with Animate have ALWAYS acted in this manner. It's important to note that the device does not actually respring after displaying the custom bootlogo, it just shows the spinning wheel animation.

Okay JMills.

But I will never agree that my boot logos on iOS 4 showed the spinning wheel before the lock screen.

They did not. Maybe for you for some reason it did....but I have been using custom boot logos since iOS 4.2.1(when ya had to do it with redsn0w)....i know what I saw when I rebooted my device. I would watch the boot logo just to watch it.

It was not til 4.3.3 that I used AnimateFix.

It was most certainly not just released for ios 5.

It was released since iOS 4.3.3

It was in Cydia for a good while. Only a few months ago.....

Animate Fix has been in Cydia since 2 months after the release of 4.3.3.

Animate Fix was made for 4.3.3 specifically actually.

Dont take my word for it...ask the Dev yourself.

Also....google is there too.

Last edited:
So.... morbid curiosity made me look at this as Bootlogo hasnt worked for me me for ages.

I had eveything installed except animate fix so I installed the fix today, rebooted the phone and Bang! its working

Iphone 4s 5.1.1

I have animated boot logo working fine. I installed Animate then the animate fix. My custom boot logo still wasn't working - but the green poison logo showed. So I downloaded a boot logo from Cydia and it worked fine. I SSHd in and copied the downloaded logo to my computer to see what the difference was. The tutorial video I watched showed that you needed to name the initial file "AppleBootLogo.png" and start the rest of the frames with "1.png" and so on. Turns out the first frame can be named anything (besides a number, of course) and the rest of the frames have to start with "0.png". I renamed "1.png" to "0.png" and the rest likewise and bingo - works perfectly. Got a sweet custom boot logo! Melts the original apple boot logo and turns it to red - drips a drop down and splashes to form my name. Rad.