What's new

Big mistake ... I think

biometrix

Reaction score
Ok ... Since I just jailbreak my ipad2 I was eager to do the same to my aging iphone3gs (waiting on the ip5). I think I leaped before I looked so ... Updated my phone os to 4.3.3 and tried the cydia dl from jailbreakme.com..... And everytime I try to dl it (cydia) icon would appear as with the loading bar and before it finishes it disappears.. Messed up ain't it? Short of a restore, any suggestions?

well comex rushed the release so it is still a bit buggy. I would wait a few weeks to use jailbreakme

Absolutely agree with Unleashed. Whilst jbme 3.0 is great for us iPad2 owners, anyone with other devices is probably best advised to use the existing methods such as redsn0w, pwnage, sn0wbreeze, and GP where appropriate as these are tried, tested, and bug free, despite being a little more complex to apply.
Comex has done some amazing work with the unionfs JB component, but it is brand new and not without problems...

Thanks for the reply everyone. It seems I have solved the problem for now. I erased my phone and used restore from iTunes. Since it was jb'en before, it made sense to just reset the phone to factory then upgrade to 4.3.3 then jb the phone. It looks good so far as I can tell. Did the same for an ipad1 ... Had problems restoring, but I finally got that right as well... For now the ipad1 seems to be working well also.....