What's new

Best, safest, free jailbreak????

BatEars

Reaction score
hi guy just wanting some opinions on the best free JB for iPhone 4 4.3.5 in australia

There is no "best" jailbreak and all jailbreaks are free, and all jailbreaks are 100% safe. Since you are on 4.3.5 your ONLY option is to use Redsn0w 0.9.8b4/5 for a tethered jailbreak.

Jmills87 said:
There is no "best" jailbreak and all jailbreaks are free, and all jailbreaks are 100% safe. Since you are on 4.3.5 your ONLY option is to use Redsn0w 0.9.8b4/5 for a tethered jailbreak.

Ok. Would I be able to wait and get an untethered version of jailbreakme or something. If so how long would I have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

No, jailbreakme will never be compatible with 4.3.5 and there will most likely never be an untethered jailbreak either, you will have to wait until iOS5 comes out for an untethered jailbreak

Jmills87 said:
No, jailbreakme will never be compatible with 4.3.5 and there will most likely never be an untethered jailbreak either, you will have to wait until iOS5 comes out for an untethered jailbreak

Ok thanks so much for these answers. I'm new to jailbreaking. Would it be worth downgrading to 4.3.3 so I can do an untethered jailbreak? What is the easiest way to go about downgrading?

You can only downgrade if you saved your SHSH for 4.3.3 and since you're new to jailbreaking I would be willing to bet that you didn't so unfortunately it's not possible for you to downgrade

Jmills87 said:
You can only downgrade if you saved your SHSH for 4.3.3 and since you're new to jailbreaking I would be willing to bet that you didn't so unfortunately it's not possible for you to downgrade

No I didn't. I I was to restore the phone would that take it back to 4.3 when I got it or just delete everything and keep the version at 4.3.5

BatEars said:
No I didn't. I I was to restore the phone would that take it back to 4.3 when I got it or just delete everything and keep the version at 4.3.5

And what are the main differences between tethered and untethered

No, if you restore you will restore to 4.3.5, iTunes will always restore the most current firmware. The difference between tethered an untethered is that with a tethered jailbreak you have to connect your device to a computer EVERY time you reboot it.

Just wait for IOS5 and there will be no need for a JB anymore!

Not true. There will ALWAYS be a need for a jailbreak. Even though Apple is making some Cydia apps obsolete like SBSettings and Wi-Fi Syncing, there will ALWAYS be Cydia apps that will do things that Apple will NEVER include in the factory OS such as Winterboard, MyWi, SpringFlash, etc.

There will always be a need for jailbreak.

Jmills87 said:
No, if you restore you will restore to 4.3.5, iTunes will always restore the most current firmware. The difference between tethered an untethered is that with a tethered jailbreak you have to connect your device to a computer EVERY time you reboot it.

I really don't want an untethered JB. so all I can do is wait for iOS 5 and hope i can jailbreak it after I update to iOS 5

BatEars said:
I really don't want an untethered JB. so all I can do is wait for iOS 5 and hope i can jailbreak it after I update to iOS 5

Let's hope. I'm sure if apple stop a untethered jailbreak with the 4 firmwares I'm pretty sure they will stop it on 5

BatEars said:
Ok. Would I be able to wait and get an untethered version of jailbreakme or something. If so how long would I have to wait.

Garret

Just wait for IOS5 and there will be no need for a JB anymore!

Not true. There will ALWAYS be a need for a jailbreak. Even though Apple is making some Cydia apps obsolete like SBSettings and Wi-Fi Syncing, there will ALWAYS be Cydia apps that will do things that Apple will NEVER include in the factory OS such as Winterboard, MyWi, SpringFlash, etc.

There will always be a need for jailbreak.

And there will also be Cydia apps that SCREW up the iphone!!!

Theres no need for a JB!!!