What's new

Best, safest, free jailbreak????

And there will also be Cydia apps that SCREW up the iphone!!!

Theres no need for a JB!!!

I guess if you don't know what you're doing... but for those of us who are tech savvy, the factory firmware will NEVER provide us with the function and customization that we demand from our devices.

Jmills87 said:
I guess if you don't know what you're doing... but for those of us who are tech savvy, the factory firmware will NEVER provide us with the function and customization that we demand from our devices.

+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

And there will also be Cydia apps that SCREW up the iphone!!!

Theres no need for a JB!!!

Being tech savvy has nothing to do with it! When a cydia app/apps screw up the way the phone works being tech savvy means NOTHING!!!

Being tech savvy has nothing to do with it! When a cydia app/apps screw up the way the phone works being tech savvy means NOTHING!!!

I've been jailbreaking since 3.1.3 and I have not once had a Cydia app screw up my phone. Maybe you just aren't as tech savvy as you think. :p

Last edited:
eddieg said:

When a Cydia app screws up it puts the phone into safe mode allowing the user to safely remove the app previously installed.

When a Cydia app screws up it puts the phone into safe mode allowing the user to safely remove the app previously installed.

+1

Also, you can download Crash Reporter from Cydia and it will tell you exactly what app is causing the crash. Another good tip is that when you're downloading a Cydia app, the info page will tell you whether the app is compatible with your current firmware, not compatible or untested so that you know which ones to stay away from.

Cydia apps rock. Caution and search forums on the JB apps gives confidence.
The Dev Team will come through with a untethered JB in good time.

joepa said:
Cydia apps rock. Caution and search forums on the JB apps gives confidence.
The Dev Team will come through with a untethered JB in good time.

Highly unlikely.