What's new

Best Buy Taking iPhone 5 Pre-Orders (Including Sprint iPhone 5) First Week of October

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Best_Buy_iPhone_5_launch.JPG

MacRumors reports today that according to Boy Genius Report, based on a leaked internal memo from Best Buy, the retailer is expecting to be taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5 in the first week of October, including for a Sprint iPhone 5, which pretty much confirms the recent report from the Wall Street Journal that said that Sprint will be getting the new iPhone. MacRumors also reports that according to This Is My Next (soon to be Verge), another Best Buy location has told them that it is getting a mystery “Apple fixture” installed on Friday October 21, and apparently it is very similar to what happened in the Best Buy store when the iPhone 4 was launched. All Things Digital has also been very adamant that the announcement and launch of the iPhone 5 will also both be in October, so October 21 is looking very likely as the date the next iPhone will be released in the US.

Source: Best Buy Expects Sprint iPhone 5 in 1st Week of October - Mac Rumors

As a best buy mobile employee, i can say this is news to me. But it might be something only corporate can see right now. (Im a sales lead/manager)

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...