What's new

Apple Said to be Planning to Start iPhone 5 Pre-Orders on Sept 30

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_tapered_back.JPG

9to5 Mac has exciting news today that backs up the recent story from TiPB that Apple will start selling the iPhone 5 on either October 7 or October 14, with the former date more likely as apparently the phone is almost ready to be released. According to 9to5 Mac’s sources, Apple will start taking pre-orders for the next iPhone on either September 29 or 30, with 9to5 Mac saying that it believes that Apple will eventually settle on the 30th to start taking the pre-orders. The report also says that the mysterious sources think that the iPhone 5 launch event, which will be held by Apple to announced the phone’s imminent arrival, will be sometime in September, rather than in October, which contradicts what Kara Swisher said on All Things D about an iPhone launch event in October. One thing’s for (almost) sure, we don’t have long to wait to find out who was right!

Source: Apple currently plans to start pre-orders for next iPhone on Sept. 30, launch Oct. 7 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Thanks to iCrank for the heads-up.

Maura said:
9to5 Mac has exciting news today that backs up the recent story from TiPB that Apple will start selling the iPhone 5 on either October 7 or October 14, with the former date more likely as apparently the phone is almost ready to be released. According to 9to5 Mac’s sources, Apple will start taking pre-orders for the next iPhone on either September 29 or 30, with 9to5 Mac saying that it believes that Apple will eventually settle on the 30th to start taking the pre-orders. The report also says that the mysterious sources think that the iPhone 5 launch event, which will be held by Apple to announced the phone’s imminent arrival, will be sometime in September, rather than in October, which contradicts what Kara Swisher said on All Things D about an iPhone launch event in October. One thing’s for (almost) sure, we don’t have long to wait to find out who was right!

Source: Apple currently plans to start pre-orders for next iPhone on Sept. 30, launch Oct. 7 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

What! September 30th!!!

Maura said:

I hope thats nit the next gen iPhone design. The screen still looks the same, hopefully it will at lease be closer to "4".

iCrank said:
So iOS 5 should be out sometime early next month. I wish

ICrank, I hope so. At least for the iPad user's sake. I'd hate to have to wait until October to download it. As for the iPhone, I'm having a tough time deciding. Maybe I should look at iOS's stability versus Android openness. And the fact that I have more money invested in Apple. I have a lot of apps that I paid for, and good apps at that. And Android either doesn't have them yet, or they aren't no where near as good.

p3unit32 said:
ICrank, I hope so. At least for the iPad user's sake. I'd hate to have to wait until October to download it. As for the iPhone, I'm having a tough time deciding. Maybe I should look at iOS's stability versus Android openness. And the fact that I have more money invested in Apple. I have a lot of apps that I paid for, and good apps at that. And Android either doesn't have them yet, or they aren't no where near as good.

I have both and I'm keeping my IPad at 4.3.2.

p3unit32 said:
If you don't mind me asking, why?

For starters I don't need the features on my iPad. It's basically my home computer. Lol. Secondly I have a certain movie app that I'd rather keep so I could stream movies to my HDTV...once iOS 5 is untethered jailbroken I'll probably update but I'm not in a rush to do it.

I hope thats nit the next gen iPhone design. The screen still looks the same, hopefully it will at lease be closer to "4".

I do disagree, the 3G/3GS design was close to perfect, the iP4 was and still is a good looking phone, but handling it is less comfortable than the 3G/S.

So i really hope the design is closer to the 3G/S

I do disagree, the 3G/3GS design was close to perfect, the iP4 was and still is a good looking phone, but handling it is less comfortable than the 3G/S.

hmm. thats a first. i consider the ip4 the best design...3g/s looks alright

iCrank said:
hmm. thats a first. i consider the ip4 the best design...3g/s looks alright

I agree. The ip4 design is my favorite by far.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I'm also quite sure that of the design of the 4 didn't exist I wouldn't use a iPhone period

iCrank said:
I'm also quite sure that of the design of the 4 didn't exist I wouldn't use a iPhone period

Ditto. I would've went with the HTC thunderbolt back at upgrade time.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Personally I like the 4 better than the 3G. I own4 of them. I have never had the antenna issue, and it just feels great in my hand. I do not use a case, Steve Jobs would not approve! But I do hope they squeeze every bit of screen size out of the current overall size. I don't care for those EVO-sized phones. I am more exited about the iOS 5 than the phone, my only other concern is storage space... I cannot get my wife and nieces to remove any of their pictures and videos from their phone to their PC's, but perhaps the Cloud will answer that request...at least until I start getting charged for "excess" storage;)

Jani said:

Regardless of overall design, I hope the screen is larger. At lease closer to four inches.