What's new

Sprint Gets the iPhone 5 in Mid-October

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
sprint.JPG

The Wall Street Journal has broken the news today that Sprint is to start selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October according to “people familiar with the matter.” This seems to fit in exactly with the timeline that the likes of All Things Digital have been reporting, as they’ve been adamant all along that the iPhone 5 will be released in October. The WSJ’s sources have also confirmed that Verizon and AT&T will start selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October too. As the WSJ notes, getting the iPhone is a huge deal for Sprint, especially getting to kick off their formal relationship with Apple with all the attendant fanfare of a new launch. With Sprint’s contract subscribers having declined in Q2, just at the time its two main competitors were flying high with the iPhone 4, this could not have come at a better time for the company. As the WSJ says, it will help it to hold on to any customers that were thinking of defecting to AT&T or Verizon to get the shiny new iPhone, and the increase in customers visiting Sprints stores will also be a huge boost to the company, as will the chance to sell all those nice iPhone accessories as well as the phones themselves.

Source: Sprint to Get Apple iPhone 5 - WSJ.com

iCrank said:
i wont update until the feb. or march. i just want the firmware

That's the only reason I'm looking forward to the iPhone 5. Usually the new OS release comes with the new iPhones release!

Guess I shouldn't have switched to Verizon last month from Sprint for the iPhone. LOL. Should have waited. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

djroy said:
Guess I shouldn't have switched to Verizon last month from Sprint for the iPhone. LOL. Should have waited. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You should've.