What's new

Best Buy gets a happy customer

iTazm0n

Reaction score
Got my appointment call at about 3:00 on the 23rd. Set an 11:30am time, figuring I'd avoid everyone trying to get in before work, though I almost changed it to 9am in fear that they would sell out because of mistaken stock amount. That concern was set aside after repeated assurances that they had enough and had stopped taking pre-orders when the assumed stack amount had been reached.

So I go to BBuy at 11:20 and they were running around 20min late, but there were only 2 people ahead of me. Amazing! And by 11:40 I walked out with my black 32gb iP4! It's taken longer to sync all my stuff over than to get the phone, LOL! I'm sure this has a lot to do with my location, but BBuy has a very happy customer.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting to get theirs!

Congrats. I'm still waiting for my Best Buy to get some more in stock. I'm just hoping it's before July 10th or so, so I don't roll into another Verizon month of service. And end up paying for a month I won't use and the ETF.

Congrats, when I stopped by a Best Buy earlier today, there were only about 4-5 people in line. They estimated about 40 units were sold (picked up) today.

Congrats. I'm still waiting for my Best Buy to get some more in stock. I'm just hoping it's before July 10th or so, so I don't roll into another Verizon month of service. And end up paying for a month I won't use and the ETF.

You can't change to atee and tee from now and get the sim? Then just use it on iPhone when it arrives?

I might end up switching to AT&T and either getting the iPhone 3GS for $99. And then returning it within 30 days for the iPhone 4. Or just a regular phone until they get iPhone4's in stock. If I do this I won't do it until my cycle is just about over.

I might end up switching to AT&T and either getting the iPhone 3GS for $99. And then returning it within 30 days for the iPhone 4. Or just a regular phone until they get iPhone4's in stock. If I do this I won't do it until my cycle is just about over.
I understand, you don't want to be without a phone while you wait for retailers to get more iPhones in stock... it might help to put in a pre-order/reserve somewhere so that you know you'd at least get one on a specific date if not sooner.

Consider this first though- I believe Verizon is like every other wireless provider when it comes to the end of your contract. They'd love to sign you up for another 2 years, but unless you want to buy a new phone from them with the subsidy, you can go month to month with your current phone and plan. Unless there is some special feature in your contract, you'd be able to cancel when you like without penalty when your iPhone comes in. I don't believe they are allowed to shut off your service if you are a customer in good standing. Before I upgraded to the iP4, my contract with ATT have been over for 2 months

If for some reason you cannot go month to month, be very sure of this and question every reason they give you- be very suspicious if they are making you sign into another 2 years. I've never heard of this happening.

Thanks for all the congrats guys and Good Luck getting yours soon!

My Verizon contract isn't over until June of 2011. But I don't want to go into my next billing cycle and only use it for a week and still have to pay for the full month and the ETF.
And I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy because I was going to use my Best Buy credit card to get it. And I'm supposed to get student loans the 29th but I heard the school doesn't release them until around noon, so that leaves out waiting in line that morning.

Ahh, ok. Boy, you have some creative funding going on :)

I'm not sure if you've already worked this out and have your iPhone, but if not, you should know that you can pick up the phone and not activate it for 30 days. At least you can via the Apple retail store (I had to get my wife's phone4 there and wanted to get it as a gift so they told me about the 30 activation rule). I just found this out.

Good luck!

My Verizon contract isn't over until June of 2011. But I don't want to go into my next billing cycle and only use it for a week and still have to pay for the full month and the ETF.
And I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy because I was going to use my Best Buy credit card to get it. And I'm supposed to get student loans the 29th but I heard the school doesn't release them until around noon, so that leaves out waiting in line that morning.

why don't you stick with verizon and just buy your next iphone when it comes out late june 2011? no ETF, no full-price iphone..

Well my bill will be about $30-35 cheaper each month when I switch to AT&T. Everyone I talk to regularly has AT&T so I won't need the 900 min plan w/ friends & family I have now with Verizon. I won't be paying full price for the iPhone 4, just the $299 which is the new contract price.

Well my bill will be about $30-35 cheaper each month when I switch to AT&T. Everyone I talk to regularly has AT&T so I won't need the 900 min plan w/ friends & family I have now with Verizon. I won't be paying full price for the iPhone 4, just the $299 which is the new contract price.
I wouldn't wait either. Your calculations make sense to me and while Apple might have an iPhone 4 ver.2 by then, there is always something new in the works. Just get what you want when you can reasonably do so.

Just my $.02. I' hope you'll be happy with this amazing device as I have been.

Have fun!

Well Best Buy still hasn't called me. So I decided to cancel the pre-order and wait until August and get a White iPhone 4 like I originally wanted. And in August I won't need to use my Best Buy credit card and will have money to buy it anywhere. But if it seems like the White will be delayed more I will end up getting Black then instead.