What's new

Battery problem?

jscollin

Reaction score
I've had my iPhone 4 for about 6 months now and use it quite bit. On average, when I go to bed at night the battery will be down to 60-70%. Within the last couple weeks, it has drained faster than usual. With the same usage or even less now it goes down to 20-30% almost every day.

When I go to settings and usage, it shows nothing for usage since last charge and says that it will be updated after next full charge. It's been like that for at least a week and I fully charge it every night. In the morning, the battery shows 100%.

Could there be an issue with the battery recharging? Has anyone seen that before? Thanks

Check to see if you recentely installed new applications that are working in the background all the time, push email? Push notification? Bluetooth on while there is no bluetooth device connected? Wifi on while there is no wifi connected? Location services are on for applications running in the background? There must be a kind on applications draining the battery, try ti close all the open applications in your multitask bar before or right after charge, and off all push notification et email fetching and see how it will go all the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried all that and force close all my apps before charging. Bluetooth is off as well. What worries me the most is that the usage time never updates as if the phone never fully charges. Thanks

Restore your fone to favyory settings by pushing HOME BUTTON and SLEEP/WAKE BUTTON until you see the apple logo. If that doesn't solve your issue, then i guess that you will have to reinstall the iOS via itune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk