What's new

4s Battery died over night

Donato

Reaction score
For the past year or more, I have kept my iPhone 4s on all night because I use it as my main alarm in the morning. It rarely drains more than 20 or 30%, sometimes less. Two nights ago, I charged it to 100%, but my alarm failed to go off in the morning. When I checked why, I saw that the battery had drained down to zero over 7 hours. I have charged it back to 100% but it keeps draining very quickly. This morning, it went from 100% to 63% in just two hours with no use whatsoever. I keep WiFi on, but that has been the case for the past year. Something has changed and is very wrong. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Did you upgrade your iOS recently? What version are you on?

Try restoring and upgrade if you already haven't.

Is your phone jailbreaken btw?

The upgrade to 6.1.2 turned out to be be a downgrade for me!

Thanks for the replies. I upgraded to 6.1.2 and did not have a problem until a couple of days ago. My phone is not jailbroken. My a "restore" do you mean starting out as if it was a new phone?

Yes, like plugging the phone on the computer and pressing the restore button on iTunes! :)

Restoring is always a good place to start when troubleshooting.
And if that happens to not fix anything we must start looking at hardware faults.
Like forexample your battery.

Strange to see batteries on 4s failing as the phone was released in October 2011
But hey, anything can happen. Apple does however suggest to charge fully and drain the battery completely once a month to expand life expectancy.