What's new

4s erratic charging.

Shandy

Reaction score
Two nights ago when I put my phone on charge it gave the usual bleep noise and the pic of the large battery came on screen. I then heard it do the bleep noise a few more times when I checked it it seemed to be still charging so I put it on silent and went to sleep. Yesterday morning I was in a rush and didn't check the battery level just grabbed it off the charger and went. After virtually no usage by yesterday afternoon the battery level was below 20%. When I plugged it into the charger it wouldn't charge. After unplugging it again and reconnecting it just kept flashing on and off charge accompanied by the bleeping noise. After leaving it all night the charge has only gone up to 28%

I have checked the cable and the port and they appear ok and fit together well. I have just now by a process of unplugging and reconnecting the usb finally managed to get the charger to stay on. Anyone any idea what could be going on here? Thanks.

Shandy... seems to me like nothing more than a bad connection. If I recall correctly the charge/data port uses a 30 pin connection. So, there's a lot that can go wrong there. We have 3 iPhones in our house... and 5 or 6 some odd home chargers, but the only one that will charge my phone is mine. None of the others will connect well w/o pushing them into the port hard or bending them back and forth. Give another cable a try and see if that helps you out.